Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Another round of Vicodin. :( I still can't sleep while laying down though I'm close. Hopefully this will be the last round necessary. I have a couple of nice wine dinners ahead of me as soon as I'm off the Vicodin.

Vicodin and wine is bad? My bottle says "drink plenty of liquids when taking this medication."

Hope you are feeling better soon Ken. You too Vincent.

You and me both. What's ailing you?

See below.

Vicodin and wine is bad? My bottle says "drink plenty of liquids when taking this medication."

Hope you are feeling better soon Ken. You too Vincent.

Thanks for the good wishes. Vicodin is hydrocodone (opiate) and acetaminophen (Tylenol). If you drink alcohol while taking the latter, you risk an overdose, which causes severe liver damage. Acetaminophen is a very dangerous drug as the working dose isn't much less than an overdose.

oy, one of those bicycles that goes vrooom?

Dirt bike crash in the desert at about 50 mph. The result was 11 broken ribs, a probable broken scapula and a hemothorax. The latter caused me to spend 4 days in the hospital, but not until after I got home, 2 days after the accident.

You know they have a 2 headphone model, right?

I've enjoyed watching the evolution of Woo stands. This is at least the 3rd iteration, if not more, and its a much better design than the first, or, the one I have from a while back.

Still room for improvement though. I'd like to see some sort of bump in the back to prevent the headphones from sliding off.

Oh and I agree on it being solid; when you hold it in your hand, you realize just how well balanced the design is. It doesnt want to pull one way or the other.

And they make for nice heatsinks with lacie external hard drives :)

Great amp at a very good price. I prefer the original run to the latest ones.

Thanks, I intend to use it mostly as a preamp. Funnily I got a raise a month ago that was slightly less than the cost of the amp.

I was wondering about this- I think the very early runs used custom paper in soy bean (is that right?) oil caps. But from the pictures I've seen of others they look like MKP caps (again I could be wrong)?

Edited by deepak

Thanks, I intend to use it mostly as a preamp. Funnily I got a raise a month ago that was slightly less than the cost of the amp.

I was wondering about this- I think the very early runs used custom paper in soy bean (is that right?) oil caps. But from the pictures I've seen of others they look like MKP caps (again I could be wrong)?

The rectifier tubes are different in the first run as well as some left over caps from the Moth Audio days. There might be a few other minor differences but I am not sure

Tannoy Kensington SE

Soon after sale of the Zana Deux to Deepak (thanks!), I walked on over to my local dealer and made a verbal agreement to buy their speakers :)

Will wait another week or so to make sure the Qualia, Zana Deux, Duet, and Martin Logan Depth i arrive at their destinations safely, and I'll be selling some more stuff too, but it's a pretty sure thing at this point.

The wood finish in the Tannoy catalog photo is way off base - it looks like the pair in the current audiogon ad (this is not the pair I'm buying; I'll be getting full warranty support through the dealer :D):

1235522218.jpg