Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Far more than anything else, the sweet mids of the Kensington reminds me of the R10 mids...every time I sat down to hear them, it was just stunning no matter what source/amp was hooked up (and they rotate things quite a bit at this shop). Fortunately the bass satisfies like the R10 never could, for me. Plus it does that whole imaging/soundstage thing like a top-notch speaker. But, the mids are the real star of the show here, as they should be :)

Plus, they're easy (if not cheap) to upgrade in the future with an ST100 or ST200 super-tweeter to sit on top :D

most of the purchases immediately before this own mine.

12 ft mini extension from monoprice. Needed a way to be able to hear my laptop (hooked up to tv) over the noise of the cardio bike without further disturbing others while they sleep. Should be a nice change, since I've pretty much been unable to hear dialogue clearly and had to rely hugely on subtitles.

So Mike did you sell your other Tannoys then?

I gotta say the retro look of those cabinets is making me moist. Those are hot!

I'd buy them on looks alone, the fact that they sound so good makes it almost too good to be true.

Many times I've thought about building a retro looking audio console cabinet, and making it fit todays gear. You may have just rekindled that idea.

thats probably the coolest whiskey bottle I've ever seen

For me, it's one of the ugliest whiskey bottles I've seen.

the reason I haven't tried it is it looks too trendy vodka-y. Pure marketting.

Bingo. Calling it "(rī)" is pure lose. The bottle and silly name make me wonder exactly how bad the whiskey is that they've had to do this to try to sell it.

Which ones, today's? I've been buying an epic number of them in the last couple of months. Some even non-black!

I bought the Nevermore one, and Will Wheaton one as I'm a table-top gamer. I also bought the Pirate Exercises one, which I already posted here.

So Mike did you sell your other Tannoys then?

I gotta say the retro look of those cabinets is making me moist. Those are hot!

I'd buy them on looks alone, the fact that they sound so good makes it almost too good to be true.

Many times I've thought about building a retro looking audio console cabinet, and making it fit todays gear. You may have just rekindled that idea.

Not putting the TD10s up for sale yet, honestly not sure what to do with them at this point! I might try to sell the TDC-1 center if possible, since even in a mono application a single TD10 tower would be better (extends deeper). I will NEVER be able to use that TDC-1 properly in an HT application without a microperf projector screen - it's too damn big!

Gotta admit the retro luxury aesthetic really, really does it for me. The Dimension series I like, but it's a bit too "bling" looking. A few modifications to tone down the flair would have made them better looking, IMO. Also the Dimensions, being targeted for home theater too, are voiced just a bit drier than the Prestige series. The Prestige stuff has that midrange sweetness.

I've been interested in consoles too - I love the look! Plus sometimes the old ones come with cool tube amps and goodies inside. My girlfriend knows a guy with a console he's looking to give away, but the problem is transportation. I think it's a great idea and I know we'd all look forward to what you can produce there :)

*Note to self: Guzzi doesn't get any whisk[e]y at CJ09*

I bought the Ri on the recommendation of the shopkeeper and without knowing anything about it. It turns out that it is a Jim Beam product that is in fact an answer to the slick premium vodka marketing that was so successful. This stuff is a turnoff but I like rye whiskey so I am willing to try it. It smelled perfectly fine, and the wine/booze snob who sold it to me said it was great stuff. We shall see.

The Ardbeg pic I used was a net find and it looks like a top-hinged box that is way fancier than the simple flip-top one mine came in.