Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Very nice Gene..I do notice that the colors appear on the vivid side - did you set it as such or are you running default settings?

All were raw, raffy, then exported to jpeg from LR3 with no processing other than straightening and some light cropping as needed. Dialed back exposure on some of them, and that saturates the colors.

All were raw, raffy, then exported to jpeg from LR3 with no processing other than straightening and some light cropping as needed. Dialed back exposure on some of them, and that saturates the colors.

Got it Gene....the saturation is actually perfect to my liking. I was wondering if it shot that way with the onboard JPEG conversion.

I myself am learning to use LR3 - I'm still in my 30 day trial and I feel it's a great tool with excellent workflow but I am still not super comfortable with it yet. I only started shooting RAW recently and was surprised how much little tweaks in LR3 affect the overall picture quality.

Edited by raffy

Sounds like a great camera and it takes some great snaps, Gene.

I am torn on the right camera to bring for the upcoming Germany/Czech Republic trip. Thanks to the kindness of the new Fuji convert, Sophie has a great old school Nikon FG to bring so she can practice for her class and Claire has a tiny Canon SD1400. I can either bring the 5DmkII or Sophie's lighter T2i with some of my lenses, or I can just skip it. What to do? :blink:

scroll down a bit, it's not the primary deal

Thanks Dan, just got myself one.

Cancelled my Panasonic VT30 ordered and rebooked it to get the free Avatar + 2 3D glass combo. I will delay the shipment of my TV around a week as it was already supposed to go out either today or tomorrow but I ain't complaining. Odd though that they just couldn't add the 3D Kit gratis to the existing order.

Sounds like a great camera and it takes some great snaps, Gene.

I am torn on the right camera to bring for the upcoming Germany/Czech Republic trip. Thanks to the kindness of the new Fuji convert, Sophie has a great old school Nikon FG to bring so she can practice for her class and Claire has a tiny Canon SD1400. I can either bring the 5DmkII or Sophie's lighter T2i with some of my lenses, or I can just skip it. What to do? :blink:

I am thinking about getting something like a s95 for my upcoming trip. Something better than the droid camera definitely, but probably that. Or its replacement, or something.

Since many seemed interested in the Fuji X100 recently posted, here is an update. I love this camera. For me, it is Goldilocks - just right.... I don't mind the fixed lens at all. In fact, I applaud Fuji for going that way to maximize lens/sensor/size/weight in the camera. The 35mm equivalent focal length is perfect the uses this camera will be put to...

Thought of your comment when reading...

Why shooting with just a 35mm lens WILL improve your photography

yes!...thanks...

is that the model to get?...

Honestly I have no idea, I've never owned one before. I just picked that one because it had a bigger display which leads me to think it I can display more info and perhaps more functions.

My understanding of these things (which may or may not be accurate) is that they scan the ECU of your car for any error codes (which most likely trip the check engine light on your dash) and maybe some other fuctions. Not sure if they simply give the numeric error code or if there is an explanation of what the codes mean.