Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Belts, and pre-ordered the new Kelley Armstrong novel, Spell Bound, for when it comes out in a couple weeks.

EDIT: Change "Belts" to "A belt" -- they had to cancel part of my order due to it being out of stock.

PS While I was in my Amazon account, I checked on the status of Deadline, and it got moved back to Friday, for some reason -- not the book, just my particular shipment of it. I got the same title for someone else at the same time, and they already got theirs last Saturday. Grrr...! I would have already started reading it by now, I deliberately haven't started reading anything else yet, in anticipation of this.

PS While I was in my Amazon account, I checked on the status of Deadline, and it got moved back to Friday, for some reason -- not the book, just my particular shipment of it. I got the same title for someone else at the same time, and they already got theirs last Saturday. Grrr...! I would have already started reading it by now, I deliberately haven't started reading anything else yet, in anticipation of this.

Yeah, mine DL'd to my Kindle last week. So far, so good. It's worth the wait. Definitely a different tone than Feed (understandably).

Summer reading selection:

The Sublime Engine: A Biography of the Human Heart

By: Stephen Amidon, Thomas Amidon MD

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer

By: Siddhartha Mukherjee

Lymphedema: A Breast Cancer Patient's Guide to Prevention and Healing

Jeannie Burt, Gwen White

..and finally...

Naked

By: David Sedaris

Oddly, on the heels of my java studies I crave medical books. The heart book will be interesting since one of the co-authors was my cardiologist for quite some time. And the Mukherjee book - once I read the first few pages I had to get it. He's quite a writer.