What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

you gotta take me there when i come up for canjam.

Oh, that's a given. The food is awesome and the beer... Ah, the beer...

Oooh. I sense a HC outing!

Works for me. We'll have to see how many are interested and the timeframes. Any night works but Friday and Saturdays can be a bitch to get in. The place is very small. Luckily my alcoholism has made me a regular so I might be able to set up some special arrangements.

The food menu has some regular items and quite a few changeable items depending on the chef's mood. And the beer menu will have 6 to 10 of Three Floyds' own beers, 6 to 8 guest drafts and probably 20 or so guest bottled beer. And Pabst Blue Ribbon in cans. :)

Sounds like a good Thursday night outing to me. Premeet conditioning and all.

OP's Hungarian Goulash! Here we have two-and-a-half pounds of nicely marbled trimmed angus bottom round cubed into two inch cubes:

4450549563_e73a2a3999_b.jpg

And here we have the cubed beef in its marinade of red wine, lemon juice, vintage balsamic vinegar, and worchestershire sauce for its warm-and-cold two day marinade:

4450550505_b92e28a329_b.jpg

After two days, the meat was brought to room temperature and drained with the marinade reserved. The beef was then seasoned with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper and seared over high heat as one batch in my deep sautee and reserved. It developed a nice frond with the vinegar.

The Le Creuset 2.75 dutch oven was heated stovetop with four tablespoons of EVOO and four cloves of minced garlic sauteed before a large thin sliced white onion was added to soften, seasoned with more S&P. When the onion was softened, 2TBS of double strength tomato paste and a quarter cup of all purpose floor were added. After the flour had cooked, the reeserved beef marinade was added with two cups of beef broth to deglaze the pan. The seared beef cubes were returned with 3TBS fresh Hungarian sweet paprika and 1TSP crushed caraway seeds:

4450551839_aa6b3189bc_b.jpg

After brasing for two hours at 300F, the dutch oven was returned stovetop on medium heat and the beef cubes removed and reserved. A can of organic diced tomatoes (partially drained) was added to the sauce and the sauce was simmered for ten minutes before the beef was returned to the oven for the final hour. Before serving, half a cup of non-fat sour cream was stirred in. Served over whole wheat egg noodles with fresh flatleaf parsley garnish and a glass of cab.

4450553073_ea2a9aa200_b.jpg

Very fragrant and flavorful and the beef was melt-in-your-mouth. Glass of cab on the side. :)

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. My uncle Larry went in on Omaha Beach the first day and received multiple wounds. My father went back after his DDS to obtain his M.S. and Ph.D. and took several days a week to teach at the University of Illinois dental school for over twenty-five years while other dentists were just raking in the bucks. Both had and raised famlies who loved them very much. Both had been sick way too long with dementia and Alzheimer's. Still, we are diminished.