What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

IMAG1145.jpg

IMAG1143.jpg

IMAG1144.jpg

Dinner earlier tonight:

Smoked meat sandwich in Schwartz's Deli in Montreal.

Oo la la! This is ungodly good! So moist, tender and flavorful. Choice of lean, medium, or extra fatty. I went with medium, and it was a good balance. 

Thanks for the tip, Al!

Edited by jvlgato

One case where I probably should have taken pictures. I got the truffles for the beer, spared a bit for some amazing mac&cheese w/ aged cheddar & gruyere. Rob's wife Stephanie knocked out a recipe for flank steak roulette they found today. Add milk chocolate stout. Can you say complete sensory overload? My stomach is still trying to decide what happened.

Should mention though, that when my friends say bacon, what they really mean is a terrible substance originally designed as a synthetic leather, made from truly awful unspeakable bits of turkey. To my friends this is acceptable and preferred, even on a blowout truffle & steak and stout meal. I should have known but my friend said bacon and I simply forget, every time, when he says bacon, that he knows not what he says. I believe he specifically said "she got bacon and made steak roulettes." As in a specific trip. Tomorrow I think I will need to insist on being an asshole about this, to avoid future incidents. I will supply my own bacon, if need be, is the basic point.

That sammich looks good! Reminds me that I have not yet gotten to any of the places here like Katz's.

I have been experimenting with at-home dry aging beef. It is good, very noticeably different, especially in how the meat sears.

4 days in:

dsc2325k.jpg

Then I seared and ate both ribeyes.

Edited by cetoole