Post what you're watching

deepak

Drawn Together is awesome.
omg, YES.

(interview mode)

Foxxy Love: Poor, pitiful ass Clara. So incredibly gullible, she'll believe anything you tell her.

(flashback mode)

Clara: Huh. He died on the cross for our sins, you say. Yeah, I could see that.

Also, "La-la-la-la-labia baby you got something for me" == greatest song number line ever.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1974

An excellent semi-fact-based series. The Yorkshire Ripper was a real guy Peter Sutcliffe, who went on a serial killing spree of prosititues and other women from 1975 to 1980. Serving life in Broadmoor. The corrupt developer played by Bean was also a familiar thing in the North of England (where I come from) at around that time. The most famous pair were T. Dan Smith (Head of Newcastle city Council) and John Poulson (the developer/architect). Vast bribes (we're talking many hundreds of thousands - worth perhaps ten million today) passed to ensure a contract for building a vast mall in the city centre of Newcastle (Eldon Square). T Dan Smith was the invited speaker at one of my school's academic achievement prize events - I remember him calling making Newcastle the "Brasilia of the North" - he was arrested less than a year later.

T Dan Smith was also a central character in another excellent series called "Our Friends in the North" made in 1996. If you enjoyed Red Riding, it is worth looking this one out. Just as dark.

i do occasionally have trouble with Northern accents.

The accent you are recalling (my accent) is called Geordie. It is actually a bastardised ancient Norwegian/Swedish from the dark ages Viking invaders. There are whole chunks of Geordie that bear a strong link to modern Scandinavian languages. Remarkably persistent dialect that has its roots back over a thousand years. It is no wonder you have trouble with it :)

Was just watching Australia's Next Top Model 2010 final with the gf.

They announced the winner with a huge amount of music and fireworks only to realize they made a counting mistake in the vote.

Then on live national TV they had to apologize and give it to the other girl :D

This justified sitting through the whole thing hehe.