Post what you're watching

deepak

Amen, Peter.  I effing love that show.  I would let Joel Kinnaman crash on my couch any time.

Fuck yeah.  The comraderie between Linden and Holder is just...unparalleled.  I fucking love their chemistry.  It's the ultimate platonic relationship.  They're both damaged and yet raised by the other.  And the history of previously having been partners and now...not...and yet they still know how to work together is just fucking...you can't do that in any season one or two of any series.  It has to be at least season 3.

Fucking brutal emotionally, though, man.  Fucking brutal.  Every.  Single.  Fucking.  Episode.  Is just a roller coaster ride.

"See, we've been going at it all Copernicus, when we need to be Galileo on this bitch, you feel me?  See, Copernicus, he was, you know, like, looking at the sun doing its thing from this middle place, like he was the middle.  But then Galileo was all like, 'nah, man, that's conceited.'  And then Copernicus started fronting, like...what?  What's wrong with your face, Linden?  Don't stroke out on me."

Damn, just damn.

"See, we've been going at it all Copernicus, when we need to be Galileo on this bitch, you feel me?  See, Copernicus, he was, you know, like, looking at the sun doing its thing from this middle place, like he was the middle.  But then Galileo was all like, 'nah, man, that's conceited.'  And then Copernicus started fronting, like...what?  What's wrong with your face, Linden?  Don't stroke out on me."

Damn, just damn.

Linden, you're my ride, yo.

• Like 1

I'll have to watch that later, I still remember that moment -- I was watching it live (on television, but you know what I mean).

We watched that episode (and two others) last night. That Copernicus bit almost knocked me off the couch. The people doing this show are as good as the ones who did 'Deadwood'. Fucking brilliant writing.

I can't watch more than one episode at a time.  It's...just...harrowing...

Just for another example, part way through season 2, all that had to happen was for anyone from the Larsen family to show up on screen, and my eyes would start to well up like Pavlov's dogs would start salivating at a bell.

And so few people die!  They were investigating one murder -- one! -- not just for season one, but for seasons one AND two.  And I still feel completely emotionally wrought.

Agreed as to the writers -- they are the true stars of the show.  They way they molded that concept into Holder's vernacular was just superb.  But the direction and the delivery is superb.

Sunday in New York - (on TMC Channel) - Jane Fonda, circa 1963. Assisted by Rod Taylor, Cliff Robertson, Robert Culp, Jim Backus, & an oft-scene stealing Jo Morrow. Not to mention a cameo by Peter Nero himself. Funny look at the hypocritical sexual morality of that time, all set in NYC. What's not to love?

^^^ this.

14 year old Tyler would hardly believe it, but there might be such a thing as too much gratuitous sex.  In fact, I think that actually is the definition of gratuitous.  I do like the show, but I feel it teetering on the brink of losing itself in long, hazy reverie sequences.