Post what you're watching

deepak

hell yes.

speaking of badass hbo shows, I need to get The Wire Season 4, especially now that the series is about to rap up.

speaking of the wire, i really need to start watching that show. i got partway through season 1 last year but didn't finish. apparently the series finale on sunday was alright.

Or netflix, yes.

The Battlestar Galactica pilot miniseries is a good way to determine whether or not you're interested enough in the show to pursue watching it further.

I bet you'd like Sports Night -- it actually has very little to do with sports, and is more of an ensemble cast type thing about behind the scenes of the fictitious number three network sports show. There's wonderful interplay between people, in various states of mental duress (love, life, sickness, both mental and physical, and all that).

Other than that, yeah, you'd have to tell us more about the sorts of shows and movies you've liked, and perhaps why you've liked them.

Do you like any of the CSI shows? How about Law & Order? Uh...please tell me you're not a Disparate Housewives or Sex in the City kind of gal.

I actually saw an episode of Sports Night and remember liking it. I have also seen a few episode of Sex in the City and one very early Desperate Housewives. The words "complete disdain" come to mind when I think of them, and also "sadness" in that I think about all of thousands of young women who watch these shows thinking they say anything good or worthy about being a woman.

I used to watch L & O a back in the early 90s. They used to film a lot of episodes in the park my apartment overlooked when I lived in NY. My local precinct was the one they shot for NYPD Blues in the 80s. I guess my neighborhood back then was the right combo of really seedy looking, edgy and yet attractive. Good for cop shows.

Maybe I'll google the others to see if they're my type of shows. I've never had HBO, so I don't really know.

Thanks, guys.

Season 2 wasn't as good as 1. You don't know where the story's going and that's probably why you didn't finish. =T

Well, some of that was to be expected. Brian Fuller left the show after 5 episodes were produced, for reasons including the studio fighting creatively, budget issues and being forced to replace Rebecca Gayheart. Not only did they change some things about where the show was headed, but directly contradicted others. I still like S02 because it's a neat little world he created, and the characters are great, but it's a shame he wasn't able to stay involved because I think the show would've been better for it.

Wonderfalls is one of my favorite shows. Ever. It's another Brian Fuller show (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies) that was cancelled by Fox (what a suprise!) after 2 or 3 episodes aired. But they were able to wrap up the story in 13 episodes which are available on DVD. Wonderfalls FTW!!!1one

Re: Battlestar Galactica, I enjoed many aspects of S01, but episodes that concentrated on politics were a real struggle for me to get through. At times I find their inclusion of religion clunky and awkward comared with the execution of the rest of the show's elements. That said, the cast is great, and it's an intriguing story.

Firefly is another Fox-cancelled show that was just great and never got a chance.

I disagree -- I enjoyed it just as much as the first season.

I thought the 2nd season was better, honestly. Characters were developing nicely, and we were starting to see the depth of the world. I was crushed when I saw the final episode and realized it was done to quickly wrap up loose ends.