Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Friday delivered more than 10 inches here and today we have up to another 10 expected ... but "blizzard like" conditions, ie high winds and low wind chills. Some power outages. No point even trying to clear snow from the driveway/walks until the wind dies down.

I consider myself fortunate compared to those of you with no electric and cold temps. Wishing you warmth and restored electrical service.

At 5pm I cleared 12" of snow off the driveway. During the course of the 45min. that it took to clear the driveway I'd say we got at least another half inch. I haven't had the heart to look at it again since I came inside, whatever is out there it'll be there tomorrow morning when I have to deal with it.

Easily turned into another 1 foot + of drifting snow that got removed last night. Looks like another 3-4 inches on the drive this a.m. and lucky us, another 4-10 inches forecast for tomorrow. Then apparently it will be capped with freezing rain on Friday & Saturday. Just another fun winter week.

That lake effect snow would make me think about moving. As it is, Fall got cold early and then snowy here. We're having a real winter as well. 5-6 inches of snow Saturday into Sunday and then -11F. We're forecast for another 2-6 inches tonight and tomorrow. I am fully refamiliarized with all my snow removal equipment. Nobody is laughing at the full sets of winter tires on both vehicles this year. With almost two feet stacked next to the drive, "space management" is becoming interesting should this keep up.

I think I'm odd, but I absolutely LOVE driving in the snow. I love every minute of it. It's a challenge, and its damn fun.

I drive my doglegged, non-snow tire equipped, slammed to 2.5" ground clearance G20, and its an absolute blast. *knock on wood* I have never gotten permanently stuck. I have my issues at times, especially with lack of clearance, but I always make it out fine. :)

I think I'm odd, but I absolutely LOVE driving in the snow. I love every minute of it. It's a challenge, and its damn fun.

I drive my doglegged, non-snow tire equipped, slammed to 2.5" ground clearance G20, and its an absolute blast. *knock on wood* I have never gotten permanently stuck. I have my issues at times, especially with lack of clearance, but I always make it out fine. :)

I agree, I miss the snow. It's ~27 today... a little cold this morning, but very little hope of snow down here. It's one of the things I miss from the north. North Carolina makes up for it in other ways though.... namely biscuits and gravy.