Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Its not too bad outside, but the office seems to like pumping out nice frigid AC in place of heat lately. I kept moving the thermostat up higher and higher, and its now at 82, but feels like 50 :) (already notified buildings + grounds people)

I've been wearing my coat for like a week in here. :rolleyes:

My lab is drafty. Where I sit, I'm fucking hot. But the people who sit closer to the windows are bundled up all day. Keeps life interesting.

It was -14F air temp here this morning; supposed to be a bit colder tomorrow morning. Not much for wind fortunately, but I get into my car in the garage and get out in a parking garage at work, so don't have to spend too much time outside and rarely have to clean the car off. :cool: Winter still sucks however. Nice thing about getting this cold is when we climb back up to around freezing (this weekend) it feels pretty nice out :palm:

-22F at the house this morning, but we're to climb to a balmey 9F later in the day. There seem to be hard lines for critters and machines in the cold. I don't take the dogs out hunting below 5F any more; too hard on all of us and there's never much game out. By 0F, we're done with our nightly mile walk. At -10F, the lines of dead towed-in cars by the local mechanics start to grow. By -20F conventional shock absorbers might as well be steel rods and the fog of exhaust gas at stop lights is ethereal. Bah. :mad:

-22F at the house this morning, but we're to climb to a balmey 9F later in the day. There seem to be hard lines for critters and machines in the cold. I don't take the dogs out hunting below 5F any more; too hard on all of us and there's never much game out. By 0F, we're done with our nightly mile walk. At -10F, the lines of dead towed-in cars by the local mechanics start to grow. By -20F conventional shock absorbers might as well be steel rods and the fog of exhaust gas at stop lights is ethereal. Bah. :mad:

Wow, well it never gets that cold in NC. We had 15F this morning and the natives are restless. I miss snow.

I have a thermal undershirt on today, because the office gets cold after 7 or so (I think they turn the heat down). I'm comfy for now.

Wow, that was poetic. Nice imagery.

Yeah, the greyhound is having a rough first winter up from FL. Not impressed is putting it mildly. Walks are the same distance, but take significantly less time :D

3093018565_8c06cf0267.jpg?v=0

HAHAHAHAHA. Lola, my four-year-old (shown in my avatar and above on her back) is just nuts about snow, especially after nearly nailing a squirrel yesterday under the bird feeder. Since then, she's been reviewing the backyard's happy hunting ground at high speed at every opportunity. Rosie, my eleven-year-old, (administering the "sugar" to Lola) is much more reluctant about the cold and when it's more than double digits below zero, she goes around the back alternating feet she is holding up. She needs no words to fully express her distate for the cold. Neither spaniel has needed a leash (except in heavy traffic) since they learned to heel.

This morning was 22F; that's a 44F increase in temp from yesterday at the same time. And the barometer dropped more than an inch. Another wearing feature of winter is the weather volatility and its effects on the body and psyche. Dark grey monochrome now with light snow; no color and no horizon. The depths of winter look like this.