Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Up until yesterday (yes, the last day of January, '09) we only had 6 HOURS total of above freezing temperatures for the entire month of January. Thats only 6 out of 720 hours above freezing for one day shy of an entire month.

Since the wet snow off Lake Michigan generally feezes before I get home from work to remove it, I now have the fun job of removing the frozen snow/ice layer that has been growing on my driveway. At least with temps at or above freezing the job amounts to more than removing ice blocks. Did about 1/3 of the drive yesterday and another 1/3 today. Almost done:)

6-8 inches over here (central NJ).

I don't actually hate it that much since this is just about the only time of the year that I don't hate my car for being front wheel drive. At all other times I agree with BMW's matra that front wheel drive is the Devil.

Watching people trying to drive in snow is amusing - up to a point. It's live action Failblog on wheels...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
apparently our pollution causes the Earth to warm up which somehow makes it cold and snowy :palm:

Well, global warming melts the ice caps. And fresh water migrating south from the melted ice is significantly denser than sea water. This dense mass of fresh water will start to divert the gulf stream in the North Atlantic west before it gets too far north. The lack of those warm water currents would result in a significant drop in the water temperature of the North Atlantic, meaning the eastern seaboard could see significant cooling before things get warmer.

Doubt that's the cause for the last few winters, though.