Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

We had a good dump here today. But I must admit it was breathtaking after the storm came through: (relatively) warm, clear and absolutely still -- with that fine, fine snow clinging to every branch and eave. I had just finished clearing the walks when my neighbor, who plows our driveway, came around and, since he was at the end of his circuit, we sat in the cab of his truck drinking beer and hiding from our families for an hour or so. :)

Much to my annoyance, found about 4 inches of snow on the driveway this morning (I had shoveled it last night after snow fall had tapered down). Just finished shoveling it about 10 minutes ago. I'm glad I'm off from work today, but shoveling snow with a start of what appears to be flu was not how I wanted to start today. :mad:

Second night back to the Spaniels' Daily Mile. Part of the course is plowed, but four hundred yards of breaking trail in 18" deep crusted, drifted white stuff sure is good for the old boy's digestion. Mild night and quite lovely. Spaniels appreciative.

How's your flu doing, Salty?

• 2 weeks later...

So's my wife. What I really hate is what we just got, a good couple inches of snow followed by a few hours of drizzle. Mixes everything into the consistency of wet concrete -- impossible to snowblow, backbreaking to shovel, but you have to get to it before it can freeze solid overnight. I think I'm going to have a few shots of bourbon before slouching out there to get started. Buggrit.

We got probably 5 inches of snow, and inch and a half of sleet, and now its freezing rain. Temps are falling off the charts now too.

At least since I'm a University Employee, I got the day off. Well, I didn't have to go to my lab, but I had to work from home. I felt like Grawk all day. I called out my dog for being an asshat, then watched hockey and drank 15 beers and 11 drams of whisky.

3234921493_909cc27f63_b.jpg

That was lat night around 9PM, still snowing. I spent much of today negotiating with Roadway. Their driver didn't think he could get his tractor and 48 foot trailer down my street. I am unsure why Grainger sent me a four pound package via Roadway. :palm: Fortunately, the Roadway guy was able to give the package to the UPS driver (also delivering from Grainger). It's kind of scary when freight companies, you know, actually work together.

We have been getting quite a lot of snow lately. The snow lays nicely on the trees, and the winter landscape is perfect. I really hope it stays cold, which will make the conditions for the upcoming Norwegian World Rally Championship round perfect. Some of the stages are held only a snowball throw away from my place, so looking forward to watch some of the SS stages :)