Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

How's kangaroo meat? It seems to be pretty hard to obtain in Canada, but I'd certainly be interested to try that someday. *cue animal defense league protest*

Kangaroo meat is fucking awesome. Requires a very steady hand to cook though, because it is extremely lean and does not like overcooking at all.

When I used to do kangaroo fillet I would soak it in good olive oil for at least an hour at room temperature, sear it in a VERY hot pan, then chuck it in the oven until medium-rare.

In the UK bookmakers offer bets on White Christmas. For a couple days there things were looking pretty good (BBC News | UK | Bookies slash odds on white Christmas) but now it's 6/1 against in the London area <ahttp://www.head-case.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png' alt=':('> ([url="http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=5011]

Round #1 on the current snow event was the ten to twelve inches of powder that greeted us yesterday morning after snarling up the Holiday Exodus from town last night. But it snowblew well and only began to introduce the snow storage space problems by sheer volume. The plows did not get around until after noon, and our hill was proof to cars and two-wheel-drive trucks until then. Plenty of 4x4s to churn the snow so that the plow tailings in the drive mouth were heavy and hell if you let them freeze. I was out three times on my own surfaces and trying to help out neighbors with issues.

Round #2 started last night when the temp got up to 33F and the snow started again. This morning dawned on five inches of "heart attack" snow with snow/sleet/freezing rain still coming. Snowblowing was essentially pumping, but I got the bulk of the overnight off before the wet precip could settle it more and the plows could get around. Glad I got the 8hp Toro with the overhead valve engine ten years ago. And I had to dig out a base for my extension ladder (and dig the ladder out of my shed) to brush off the DirecTV dish to regain reception for SWMBO. :mad:

Now I'm watching the poor SOB across the road who did no snow removal yesterday and gets to do it all at once this morning with a runty snowblower. But he's a young guy and this experience should move him up the learning curve.

You certainly know the quickest way to a woman's heart.:)

After seeing some pics of Mopani worms I'm pretty sure I'd try balut first. I'm already used to eggs that are messed up:

Century egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Salted duck egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And of course shacha sauce + raw egg yolk for hot pot.

The snow is deep enough in Chicago now, that I have to dig a path for my two pug dogs to get out to the back yard. Otherwise, they sink to the bottom, the snow is above head level, and they have to bound like rabbits or perish.

You certainly know the quickest way to a woman's heart.:)

After seeing some pics of Mopani worms I'm pretty sure I'd try balut first. I'm already used to eggs that are messed up:

Century egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Salted duck egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And of course shacha sauce + raw egg yolk for hot pot.

I love this topic so much, I created a new thread rather than continue to hijack this one ...

http://www.head-case.org/forums/food-drink/7797-what-bizarre-foods-have-you-eaten.html#post310183

I hope you join me!

Another fine thread starting with the versatile word "Fucking"; nicely paired in this case with the word snow. I agree. I hate snow except for light and crunchy Colorado snow in the thin mountain air with a warm afternoon sun beating down on me, fooling me for maybe an hour or two that it's not as cold as the thermometer suggests it is, while I'm busy checking out a trail that looked totally different in the summer. But otherwise, ya, I hate fucking snow.