Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

I'm working from home. Around here people don't know now to drive in snow and it scares the shit of out me on the road at times.
I lived in Arlington for a while, and I know what you mean. A lot of people in the area aren't aware they have to adjust their habits until they start skidding. And that part of Virginia gets the kind of light snow + freezing rain that a few days later leaves the road looking like it's just a bit wet, with snowy patches, and that's when the real trouble begins. Glad you have the option to work at home.

I'm working from home. Around here people don't know now to drive in snow and it scares the shit of out me on the road at times. I was just thinking back to doing a 45min drive in a Michigan blizzard once, felt safer than I do around here when it's raining much less snowing. There, people know how to drive in snow!
's'truth. I'm one of those people, so I do my best to stay off the road.

So Dan, how much are we getting? I'm hearing 'feet'.

And Beefy: Jesus!

Current scuttlebutt at work is just shy of 3 feet.

Holy crap, I haven't seen that much since I was a kid.

This is true. God forbid it be sunrise/sunset and a little sunshine gets in peoples' eyes.

You should try driving up here. This time of year the sun is always at eye level...

I wish for moar snow here! There hasn't been enough snow this winter so far and the last 3 weeks went by with practically nothing but warm weather. (For this time of year anyway.) I even heard from some friends who went up skiing/snowboarding anyway that the snowpack sucked. :(

/shakes fist at sky to send the snow from the East coast to Colorado

we only ended up getting a couple inches. they always forecast a snow apocalypse, and we usually barely get anything. the snow apocalypse only happens when it's forecasted to miss Cincinnati.

LOL, same here.

Basically any winter related forecast involving a decent amount of snow turns into: "Everyone south of Lima and especially from Dayton on south is basically screwed" for all intents and purposes.

power still out, total snowfall 27"

oh and its going down to 8 degrees tonight, should be fun with no heat

That sucks,I have a generator for such occasions.

I would suggest shutting off your water main,& opening up your faucets & drain your pipes to prevent freezeups & bursting pipes.

Only a slight dusting on Long Island. Good Luck.