Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Oh well, I won't be shoveling snow for a couple of years anyway. Cape Town's climate is pretty much a carbon copy of San Francisco, albeit about 11F warmer on average. Lots of sunshine, lots of wind, lots of rain in the winter. Sure there's no shortage of crappy drivers, either.

Well, there's a sliver lining (not shoveling).

As expected, my driveway was/is like a skating link this morning from all the rain/melting snow overnight despite some salting. I need to go get more salt as the second bucket of salt turned out to be empty. :palm:

Day 2 of the blizzard warning. Theywere off by a solid 12+ hours in their forecast. Had maybe an inch last night but woke up to 6 or so inches of snow on the drive this morning. Still coming down, and the wind is whipping it around - hence the blizzard warning.

My bride is a teacher and the school has a snow day (no school). At least I won't have to blow the drive today:D

The closer the front gets to the coast, the more volatile the model gets.

It is difficult to predict weather here as it comes across Lake Michigan. The big lake is like a small sea affecting the weather.

But three television stations (2 meterologists, 6 meterologists and 3 meterologists) + the local National Weather Service office all agreed. Normally there is a dissenting voice, but not this time. Assuming the NWS has at least one meterologist on staff, that's a dozen trained weather forecasters who missed it.

Ahhh, not so bad to have a job where you are paid well to be wrong a good share of the time.:rolleyes:

Give 'em slippers:

HolidaySlippers.jpg

Too funny! I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I did try little pug boots because they would hold their paws up and look at me in pain, but they chewed at them and ran around psycho, like the crazy beasts that they are. So gave up on that. But maybe if I got these ... :D

Took the 5 pound dog out for a walk last night in -8 F. She made it to the end of the block, appraised her situation, and made it halfway back before her paws were frozen and she stated walking funny. If I put her in boots, however, she outright refuses to move. stood in the same place for over an hour one night.

I love dogs so damned much.