How has your rig changed in 2007? And do you have any future plans?

postjack

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:useless:

what might this be?

jrgeoffrion on HF very kindly sent me some details of his Concerto + some pics. I hope he doesn't mind letting me post em up here:

Amp:

image001.jpg

Tubed Power Supply:

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

Shoot him a msg on HF for more info + specs if you're interested.

Mine'll be different in that there'll be more tubes in the power supply and it'll have an XLR instead of SE dynamic section.

Now to sell a kidney.

Fing,

Nice very nice. You will be living our dreams soon. SDS-XLR and ES-1 in one package powered with tube rectified PSU. That amp gotta be amazing. For those who have yet to hear the SDS-XLR, it is freaking awesome. The ES-1 in Fing's Concerto XLR Accent-T should approach maxed SP ES-1. WoW!

Wait, Nate's actually working on his own gear? :o

Oh shut up you. Don't you have a phone call to Singlepower to make? ;D

Or starting new, big-$ projects that require things be sold! ;)

STFU or I'll stop funding your rig for free!

;)

Pffft, pot meet kettle. Wait, do you even own any headphones any more? NAHNAHNAHNAHNAH, I can't hear you speaker-man!

In all seriousness I'm just selling stuff I'm not using. I see no point in keeping any of that type of gear around and contributing to the audio clutter that pisses my wife off and pisses me off as well. So, enough hording, time to pad the coffers so that I can actually afford to finish one of my own projects.

Fing,

Nice very nice. You will be living our dreams soon. SDS-XLR and ES-1 in one package powered with tube rectified PSU. That amp gotta be amazing. For those who have yet to hear the SDS-XLR, it is freaking awesome. The ES-1 in Fing's Concerto XLR Accent-T should approach maxed SP ES-1. WoW!

I'm not arguring this fact, but that amp is puuuuuuuuuure profit :)

Apologies for the late entry. Thought this would be a good cautionary tale.

I think I started the year with AKG-271S, Grado SR-125, Etymotic ER6i a 4G Ipod and a X-Can V2 and a speaker rig.

Then in March I bought a couple of Creative EMU 1212M soundcards (one for work, one for home) a pair of AKG 701 and a Doge.

In April, bought a pair of ATH-W5000, ATH-L3000 and AT-HA5000 and ordered a pair of Darth Beyers and a Yamamoto HA-02.

In May, bought an AT-DHA3000.

Quiet months in June-August. Probably too busy enjoying the L3000 + DHA3000 and having fun getting into cycling which I hadn't done since I was 18.

In September it all went pear-shaped. Bought two pairs of Sony R10, AKG K1000, ordered a Supra SDS SE from SinglePower, which morphed somehow into a fully-loaded Supra XLR demo unit with around $7k worth of upgrades and a Wavelength Crimson.

In October, bought a pair of Denon D5000, a SP Extreme Platinum and a MHDT Lab Paradisea+ DAC.

Was part of the HeadAmp Pico pre-order list. Picked up a pair of Koss KSC75 somewhere along the way.

Have since sold the AKG 271 + 701, Grado SR-125, Darth Beyers, W5000, X-Can V2, Doge, AT-HA5000 and AT-DHA3000.

This year I've bought a Sony CD3000 which I plan on replacing the drivers and cable with R10 versions of the same.

Also in the process of getting a Sennheiser HE90 - bought a Stax SRM-T1.

Currently waiting for Mikhail to spec up a Concerto XLR Accent-T for me....

Jesus.

And: you didn't read [AK]Zip's thread about R10's, did you?

Downsized from a HE90 rig to a mostly portable one (HD 25-1, ESW9, triple.fi 10). Also sold a Mini-Dac and pair of Adam P11A, which sounded great together but weren't used much. Currently in line for a Pico (should be soon) and will probably add a Earmax Pro/Silver Edition sometime this year because it's so small and having a tube amp complement the Pico sounded like a decent idea. If I were to get rich one day (30% possibility of doing so), I will buy a pair of HE90 again.

In 2008 so far:

I received my Kef iQ9's. And I purchased a super.fi 5 pro. I have a feeling I will be selling my full sized cans, and only using IEM's with my DAPs.

i've been using my speakers almost exclusively, so i'm in the same boat as you, may be selling off my senn, lunchbox, and what not

How'd you come up with the 30% figure?

I figured if the start-up goes well (probably 5-10% chance or more if the web 2.0 craze keeps up, but unlikely), getting rich should be possible. If it fails, I could probably join a consultancy or investment bank (ugh), but then there's a chance I'll get fired before getting to the the rich level, which is very likely. And then there are other things like sudden death, law suits, accident, marriage, etc. that depress the probability of getting rich. But mostly, 30% sounded like an optimistic enough number.