Apogee Duet Kicks Ass

jp11801

It's a large PDF that has their new lines. Justin's link didn't work for me. I emailed him 35 times to make sure he would fix it, but he never once replied. Then I called him. He said the post would be added to his waiting list. Fine I was happy to wait to get the correct link. 2 months later, he told me we was ready to change it, but I wasn't able to pay for it. Now he canceld the edit. FUCK HEADAMP and JUSTIN :palm:

Neutrik - Updates

LOL :rofl: BTW those Neutriks look about the same. Any internal difference?

Rgrds

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know yet. I have some on order, so I'll check when I actually get them.

Just figured I'd follow up on this. My shipment of plugs showed up from Parts Express today and they're the exact same plug as the previous generation Pro-Fi. No changes at all. So maybe the next gen plugs are still a ways off?

Just figured I'd follow up on this. My shipment of plugs showed up from Parts Express today and they're the exact same plug as the previous generation Pro-Fi. No changes at all. So maybe the next gen plugs are still a ways off?

Oh yeah I forgot. My shipment had the same exact plug as well. Either the new ones are the same, or they haven't propagated through the supply lines, yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn. Not to say I told you so, but now that the new MacBook has inherited many of the MacBook Pros advantages, Apple needs to separate the product lines. Thus no Firewire (for "serious graphics/ video users"). See now instead of the Pico, Duet users have to spend several hundred more for the "professional" laptop model. Grrrrrr. Wonder how many days Firewire has left after leaving iPods and now MacBooks?

Still most of the other laptop upgrades announced today are a plus.

I received my Duet cable from Nate today and listened to my Duet through my speaker rig, using it in place of 840c. Upon listening to few tunes with it tonight, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. We'll see the initial impression/new toy experience holds, but if it does, I can definitely see it as my only digital source.

• 2 weeks later...