Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

ipod touch arrived today but zagg invisibleshield STILL HASNT SHIPPED ><

dont want to take it out without the "shield" (scared i will scratch it and it will look nasty). glad you like it dinny. hope i get to play with it soon enough.

is there anything that i can use to chat with sister who has an older ipod touch (no camera) or perhaps use my ipod touch and her laptop (which has a webcam)? any source for apps other than itunes?

You can't really "chat" with older iPod touch since they don't have microphone. If you want to just chat (no video) with her using laptop, you can use Skype. AFAIK, there are currently no way of doing video chat on iPhone 4/touch 4g without using FaceTime. There's been rumors of future support for using FaceTime with folks on computers (via iChat, for example).

There may be solutions if you jailbreak the touch, though I don't know since I've never looked into it.

The whut now? (I mean, yeah, I know I can look it up, but what -- in your mind -- makes it special?)

Ric put it nicely elsewhere in this thread. It basically looks like the images are painted directly on the glass.

Yep, with greater than 300 pixel/inch I look hard and just cannot see any pixels - not even with a 2x magnifying lens. Amazing.

If the person you intend to call has skype on their computer, then it would be free. Otherwise, you'd have to buy calling credit to call a cell or landline from your iphone/touch w/skype. There is a google voice ap coming, but I have no experience with it on the mobile end. The skype one is good IME.