Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I've heard a lot of students repeat the rumor that the iPhone will be coming to Verizon in 2011. Today a student reported that their dad, who works for Verizon, told them that it was going to be announced on January 6th.

Like macrumors, have a hard time believing that Verizon will be allowed to announce it at CES before the 2011 early apple event, so I don't know how much stock I would put into it. I will be watching for the Verizon CEO Keynote speech that morning however.

It would be funny if this were the iPad 2 announcement. On second thought I take that back.

Edited by trevorlane
second double post so far

As much as I've thought the iPhone would stay AT&T until next summer, I'm really feeling the Verizon iPhone on Feb 3 vibe. The rumors have felt unfounded til now, to me, but I'd put it at about 80% that this Verizon announcement is the iPhone 4 based CDMA iPhone. I figure this will stay around until 2Q next year when Apple will probably do AT&T/Verizon joint release of the iPhone 6, as an LTE phone.

**BRENT**

Anybody know if my current 3GS would work on Verizon?

It shouldn't, as Verizon's network is on completely different from the one AT&T uses. I'm wondering how many folks will move over to Verizon now. I won't be doing that as I'm still in a middle of a contract with AT&T (of course, this happens only six months or so after I switch over from Verizon) though I've personally have had no issues with AT&T network/coverage.

I just saw that too, Haj. Pretty amazing. I may have to dump AT&T. Anybody know if my current 3GS would work on Verizon?

As for moving to Verizon, I'd wait to see if they'll get iPhone 5 (or whatever the next one will be called) on the same schedule as AT&T, which will most likely be this coming summer - it would blow to get locked into 2-year contract on Verizon only to find new iPhone out 5-6 months later. Also, I'm not sure if this matter to you, but it won't support simultaneous voice & data (unless you're on WiFi).