Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

If the person you intend to call has skype on their computer, then it would be free. Otherwise, you'd have to buy calling credit to call a cell or landline from your iphone/touch w/skype. There is a google voice ap coming, but I have no experience with it on the mobile end. The skype one is good IME.

Yea, thats what I thought. Thanks

I have a lousy cell signal in and about my house. I called ATT a couple of weeks ago to complain and without asking they gave me a $250 credit on my bill. They were supposed to check my signal but I never heard back. I picked up a NicroCell today and hooked it up. I went from getting anywhere from no signal to maybe 3 bars to now having a constant 5 bar signal throughout the house. So far I am impressed.

I'm rolling up to my 90th day of owning my iPhone 4 in a day or so and I just found out that to get the 2-year phone support from Applecare, you have to purchase on of before your 90th day; if not, you will only get the 2-year phone warranty but not the 2-year phone support deal.

So my question is: Is AppleCare worth getting for the iPhone? I have had no indications that I will need phone support so far and build quality is excellent per Apple's quality standards but of course, these things can break at any time. Any thoughts/opinions on iPhone Applecare?

I'm rolling up to my 90th day of owning my iPhone 4 in a day or so and I just found out that to get the 2-year phone support from Applecare, you have to purchase on of before your 90th day; if not, you will only get the 2-year phone warranty but not the 2-year phone support deal.

So my question is: Is AppleCare worth getting for the iPhone? I have had no indications that I will need phone support so far and build quality is excellent per Apple's quality standards but of course, these things can break at any time. Any thoughts/opinions on iPhone Applecare?

Shoot, I wish I had known that 3 weeks ago. I usually get applecare before the original warranty is up (not for Nano's, etc), but never heard about the losing the phone support if you delay buying. I have avoided thousands in repair costs by having the applecare warranty on higher cost items like iMac and Macbooks.

Shoot, I wish I had known that 3 weeks ago. I usually get applecare before the original warranty is up (not for Nano's, etc), but never heard about the losing the phone support if you delay buying. I have avoided thousands in repair costs by having the applecare warranty on higher cost items like iMac and Macbooks.

Apparently, I've been getting wrong advice from some Apple employees....I called 2 different Apple stores, visited one and called the Apple sales line and 3 out of the 4 people I spoke to said that buying Applecare outside the 90-day phone support period WILL NOT cause loss of phone support. And the 3 people who said it wouldn't cause a loss sounded much more confident than the 1 person who said otherwise so I guess I'm gonna go with that. If I do end up w/o phone support in the future, I'm just gonna complain :)

• 2 weeks later...

is it the same as applecare or is that something squaretrade offers on their own?

nm found this.

iPhone Insurance Alternative | iPhone Warranty | SquareTrade Warranties

for warranty purposes, has anyone dealt with them in the event of complete iphone bumfuck (something where a replacement is required). right now they offering 20%, did you mean to type 30% mike?