Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I don't believe they have an update charge process. Or at least didn't. That's why Tweetie 1 and 2 (before Twitter purchase) were separate apps. No way for him to charge for an upgrade for v.1 owners. Maybe in app purchases now, but that would show differently in the store.

And although a bit step in price, nice that it's a universal app. Downloaded on iPhone and iPad. Also great it's AirPlay aware/useable.

Edited by blessingx

Issue solved. It probably was related to the iTunes version, but once the upgrade ended, in the applications window appeared the link to update them. Also in the iTouch when connected to the wifi. It also updated the remote. Now will have to check whether the slight issues with the folders and jpg files are solved.

i'm not a luddite, nor am i trying to come across as an obtuse smart-ass, but what can i "do" with the iPod Touch 32G i just received as a present? i have a nano, but very rarely need portable music.

-do i need a special ISP to use the apps or jib the net?

-with an LOD, is the iPod a decent source?

-any other useful features you guys love?

just buy JH13?

Consider as an Iphone, without the built in phone, or an Ipad with a smaller display/form factor.

Music. Video. Web ( if you have WiFi ) , Apps ( If you have Itunes or Wifi to the net and an Itunes account)

Apps = Games ( Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing GTI etc) , Tapatalk = forums on a mall form factor device

You dont have to be tied into the Apple Format Ecosystem with apps like VLC and Air Video

It also makes a great remote / controller for other devices ( ipeng , remote etc)

A guitar fx box ( amplitube + iJam etc)

Its like saying what can I use a small form factor computer with built in wifi and a touch display for. Depends on the software you use.

EDIT: As to the Wifi - its a wifi enabled device , so the question becomes which wifi networks can i access?

you own at home - assuming you know you know the ID and wireless password?

Anyone who has still default passwords on their system http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Out and about - some businesses offer free wifi as a competitive advantage , some bundled with a purchase (e.g. coffee)

Typically you have to use the browser to login / accept terms and conditions to get network access.

You could also tether to someone else's device , or carry a mobile hotspot of your own.

It still functions without connectivity, but only for local content. Obviously.

EDIT2 : You have it , yet you can't determine the quality of the display, when the source image is not the limiting factor?

Edited by Grahame

Consider as an Iphone, without the built in phone, or an Ipad with a smaller display/form factor.

Music. Video. Web ( if you have WiFi ) , Apps ( If you have Itunes or Wifi to the net and an Itunes account)

Apps = Games ( Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing GTI etc) , Tapatalk = forums on a mall form factor device

You dont have to be tied into the Apple Format Ecosystem with apps like VLC and Air Video

It also makes a great remote / controller for other devices ( ipeng , remote etc)

A guitar fx box ( amplitube + iJam etc)

Its like saying what can I use a small form factor computer with built in wifi and a touch display for. Depends on the software you use.

EDIT: As to the Wifi - its a wifi enabled device , so the question becomes which wifi networks can i access?

you own at home - assuming you know you know the ID and wireless password?

Anyone who has still default passwords on their system Default Password List

Out and about - some businesses offer free wifi as a competitive advantage , some bundled with a purchase (e.g. coffee)

Typically you have to use the browser to login / accept terms and conditions to get network access.

You could also tether to someone else's device , or carry a mobile hotspot of your own.

It still functions without connectivity, but only for local content. Obviously.

EDIT2 : You have it , yet you can't determine the quality of the display, when the source image is not the limiting factor?

perfect. i guess i'll sip some brandy tonight, crack it open, and throw away the gift receipt (re: edit2).

Add any new devices to the network? Have to admit I have more problems with Apple devices than others on renewing IPs, etc. in a group environment.

Well I work for an iPhone game developer so there's more iPhone's and Touch's floating around work than you can shake a stick at not to mention a few comps connecting to the network via wifi but this problem is only relatively recent and I have the same problem at home where I didn't use to have a problem either. I'm not sure but it the timing is probably close to updating the firmware to 4.1 then 4.2.

Yep, it's a cool gadget. Go to iTunes Store and get some free applications. You have games, e-readers, productivity utilities. When connected to a wifi it's an iPhone without the phone part like Grahame said. Mine has no camera, it's a 3rd G one, so yours with the retina display and camera must be even more fun. Enjoy :)

i'm 35 yrs old. i rarely use my cell phone. i have zero interest in texting and it annoys me to see other people texting. setting up my wireless router to connect with my Roku player so i can stream Netflix took me a couple of hours. i'm too cheap to buy a cable t.v. package. basically, i would have never spent money on this for myself, but i can say i'm glad to be more a part of the 21st century now.

I've heard a lot of students repeat the rumor that the iPhone will be coming to Verizon in 2011. Today a student reported that their dad, who works for Verizon, told them that it was going to be announced on January 6th.

Like macrumors, have a hard time believing that Verizon will be allowed to announce it at CES before the 2011 early apple event, so I don't know how much stock I would put into it. I will be watching for the Verizon CEO Keynote speech that morning however.