Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Crap.  I just updated my ipad to ios7 and now the remote app switches and gets locked into portrait mode.   Who the fuck ever uses their ipad in portrait mode?  Has anyone found a fix for this.  I am going to be really pissed if it stays like this. 

Edited by shellylh

Crap. I just updated my ipad to ios7 and now the remote app switches and gets locked into portrait mode. Who the fuck ever uses their ipad in portrait mode? Has anyone found a fix for this. I am going to be really pissed if it stays like this.

What happens if you rotate your body 90 degrees?

Got my 5S yesterday. Holy hell this thing is snappy. No real complaints running iOS7 on my 4s, but wow. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get audio to my speakers at work. I've been using a 30 pin dock with my 4S, and need the volume control on the phone. I've read that the lightning docks all lock the level as full line out, which is problematic. Hmmmm... Any suggestions are appreciated.

What happens if you rotate your body 90 degrees?

Nothing happens. It stays the same orientation. Oh, now I'm maybe realizing that your post was perhaps a joke.

Haj: Some have reported that when they restart the ipad, it was fixed and can now go into landscpe mode. That didn't work for mine. I wish I would've known about this since I never would have upgraded. I hate using the ipad in portrait mode, it is especially annoyiny with the smart cover on it, and use the remote app daily. :angry:

The ipad3 also seems slower, opening and closing windows now. Perhaps it is the really awful zoom effect-hate that too. Also newstand seems even more annoying since I can't close the nytimes app with one click of the home button anymore.

Edited by shellylh

shelly, maybe set the switch to orientation lock (or off it, if that's where it is), then restart, then set it back to the alternate setting?

Still doesn't work.  At this point, I am guessing that I am going to have to wait for Remote to get updated before it will work again (it was last updated Jan 30, 2013).  Very frustrating. 

Edited by shellylh

At this point, I am guessing that I am going to have to wait for Remote to get updated before it will work again (it was last updated Jan 30, 2013).  Very frustrating.
Not sure if it's still true, but... http://appleinsider.com/articles/10/08/03/apples_itunes_remote_app_was_developed_by_one_person_report Also would be nice to get iTunes Radio added to Remote. Edited by blessingx

my iphone 5 has a yellow screen issue and ive been holding off until the warranty is almost up to get it fixed/replaced, figuring they'll just give me a new unit and then i can upgrade to the 5S and have a fresh 5 to sell. i bought it online from verizon. so do i take it to the verizon store? or an apple store? if an apple store i could do that in Denver as there isnt one where i live

Got my 5S yesterday. Holy hell this thing is snappy. No real complaints running iOS7 on my 4s, but wow. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get audio to my speakers at work. I've been using a 30 pin dock with my 4S, and need the volume control on the phone. I've read that the lightning docks all lock the level as full line out, which is problematic. Hmmmm... Any suggestions are appreciated.

www.Cablejive.com makes a 30 pin adapter cable that has both a 1/8" headphone jack and a USB jack on one end.  So you can connect (1) a mini-mini cable between the dock and the 5s headphone out and (2) a lightning charging cable to the USB, while the 30 pin socket on the other end is connected to the actual 30-pin dock.  I have one and it works well.  The 5 and 5s headphone out sounds much better than an Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter with the crappy DAC inside the adapter.

Just read that AT&T is making their Mobile Share plan mandatory for new customers starting in 10/25/13, just as Verizon had done when they introduced Share Everything plan.

On a separate note, anyone get Apple leather case for 5s?  Any thoughts?

Edited by Salt Peanuts