Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Largely pleased with 7.1 on my 5s.  But I have a major issue with changes in the Music app.  There's definitely a rendering or button issue on the top right corner of the Now Playing screen.  But my bigger issue is when viewing albums from the Artist list.  One change with 7.0 that I grew to like was rolling all of the albums in chronological order, oldest down to newest, and not having to drill down into an album to play it.  7.1 has thrown that for a loop, and when you click on an artist, the newest album shows first.  But they still run into each other if you let them all play.  Hopefully they'll address this in a point release.

Edited by en480c4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not even remotely silly. I was responding to the idiot Tumblr post with a blank page entitled "original designs by Samsung." Apple's claim that all of its designs spring forth full-blown from the head of Zeus Steve and/or Jony is even more bullshit than the idea that Samsung has no original designs.

Here's another example that you can call silly. Sony Ericsson's W950 was released in 2006 when the iPhone was in the form of a larger iPod Mini. This is the Sony phone:

Sony-Ericsson-W9502.jpg

It got their attention and they tasked one of their famed industrial designers to make an iPhone design like a Sony. Here is what he came up with compared to the extruded iPod Mini design:

apples-sony-style-designs003.jpg

It just took them awhile to get it right, but below are the original CADs of the Sony design next to the "purely original" iPhone 4.

318895_10151977659160112_552675847_n.jpg

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kiind of like how the samsung line is that their business model isn't entirely based on the concept of figuring out who has the best device in a market segment and copying the shit out of it, and then dealing with the lawsuits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Radio Paradise app 3.0 now allows you to stream @320kbps AAC, and can pre-cache up to 12 hours of "broadcast" that you can listen to, without using "your data plan" - ideal for your commute, or that transatlantic flight. Nice upgrade, and can AirPlay as well (or mirror if you want the slideshow on your Apple TV)

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

iPhone 5 completely submerged for 2-3 seconds this morning. Case removed, SIM pulled, now in the bag of rice for the next 36 hrs.

Anyone actually had luck with this? I can't wait any longer than tomorrow to try and turn it back on since I'm leaving for vacation on Wednesday. Would need to get to the Apple store tomorrow night.