Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I am pretty sure mine is off; it is showing plus or minus 3-4 degrees on a lot of floors and tables in my house.  Our house is not level but it should probably be less than 1 degree based on some measurements that the foundation company recently took.  Also, it is quite different than the results I am getting with the cheap torpedo level I have.  Does it matter for me, probably not.  I don't have any racecars to crash.  It would be nice if it could be fixed with software though I don't know if that is possible. 

Edited by shellylh

I was frustrated that AppleCare, Apple post sales, and the Genius Bar all denied that they'd heard of any 5s that had an accelerometer calibration problem, and they wanted to replace the hardware instead (but then didn't have any in stock to offer me). They took the typical Apple attitude that if they don't acknowledge the problem then it doesn't exist, even if the journals and forums are writing all about it. From what I was reading on the forums, a replacement phone would have the same issue, as the week 42 phones had the same issue as my week 38 phone.

If they would have shared with me on phone or in person that they were working on the issue with a software fix then I would have kept it past AT&T's 14 day return period. Apple obviously DID know about the problem, because they were working on a fix in iOS 7.0.3 but then denied it at the same time. They obviously didn't wait to start working on the patch until the day after I returned mine. There was also no guarantee that Apple would have a global software fix, as the iPhones had a wide range of accelerometer errors that could point to the need for individual calibration.

At this point I'm glad I returned mine, as I'd rather get a retina iPad mini since my iPhone 5 is just fine.

What Dan said.

Initial impressions are pretty positive, but there is a zoom-in/zoom-out animation that happens EVERY SINGLE TIME you open anything that is either going to have to be sped up significantly or done away with all together. I'm already sick of seeing it and it hasn't even been 1/2 an hour.

The reduce motion option now kills the zoom-in/out effect.

if anything, apple retail employees are better informed than other companies' retail employees.  I think expectations get set a little high because their retail service writers (which is what they are, really) are called geniuses, instead of service writers.  They can't promise apple's going to fix something, even if it's obvious to everyone they will.

Which is why I'm kicking myself for losing my failed ssd that apple will now replace for free.

Crap. I just updated my ipad to ios7 and now the remote app switches and gets locked into portrait mode. Who the fuck ever uses their ipad in portrait mode? Has anyone found a fix for this. I am going to be really pissed if it stays like this.

There may be hope... New iOS Remote icon in iTunes tips upcoming app redesign for iOS 7 

http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/24/new-ios-remote-icon-in-itunes-tips-upcoming-app-redesign-for-ios-7/

Edited by blessingx