Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

It just finished downloading on my iPhone.

Whoa boy. It sure looks different. A lot of less informed users are really going to freak out when they see it for the first time.

Initial impressions are pretty positive, but there is a zoom-in/zoom-out animation that happens EVERY SINGLE TIME you open anything that is either going to have to be sped up significantly or done away with all together. I'm already sick of seeing it and it hasn't even been 1/2 an hour.

Initial impressions are pretty positive, but there is a zoom-in/zoom-out animation that happens EVERY SINGLE TIME you open anything that is either going to have to be sped up significantly or done away with all together. I'm already sick of seeing it and it hasn't even been 1/2 an hour.

ZOOM! ZOOM! mazda.png

iOS7keypadthing1.gif

The apple pull is strong...    >:D

Well, I hate my current phone (Nexus S).  It takes forever to open and close apps, etc.   There is no Android phone that interests me so I think it is time to finally try out an iphone (I have always wanted one but the lack of Swype has kept me away). 

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1

I like the control panel and the fact that I can access it without putting in our security code.  I need to dig a bit deeper to see if I can change what shows up on the control panel but I like the flashlight and calculator plus all the most commonly used settings stuff being so easily accessible.

I installed ios7 on my old iPhone 4 today just for grins because I am going to upgrade soon.  It really slowed down an already slow POS.  I am going to get a gold iphone and then promptly cover the gold with a case.  DOH!   Not sure I like the white background on most of the menus, should be able to change that. 

Edited by Bigguy

Perplexing morning with iOS 7...

Lost a bunch of album art, mostly from iTunes purchases.  Nothing else worked, resorted to resetting all settings, turned iTunes Match back on and there they are.  Unfortunately I need to re-download everything when I get home, which will take forever.

But what's more, I would appear to have lost the iTunes Radio button in the Music app.  I was hoping to try it out since I don't have any music downloaded to my phone, but it's disappeared.  There are some limited search results on the web indicating I'm not the only one, but not enough to really know what might be going on.  Oh well, back to Spotify.

Other than that, very happy with the update.  My favorite things so far...

- Gesture for back in Safari

- Spotlight access from every home screen

- Unlimited pages in folders

- Blank first home screen possible

The Spotlight one is really surprising, since I never used it before, but it's very nice to launch apps instead of digging through the home screens and folders.  And the blank first screen is cool because I can have my wallpaper visible and unencumbered.  This used to be possible, but the next screen would migrate over after a reboot.  Now it stays blank, which may not be a plus for most, but I'm pretty psyched.

Yeah this was a pretty buggy release. Fortunately, most are easy to recover from/get around. So far most frustrating thing is an updated core third-party app that stopped working my on iOS 6 work phone I can't yet update (but is fine on an iOS 7 iPad). Grrr. Overall though impressed with most of the changes (placement, simplification, settings, etc.).

Edited by blessingx

After a day, I really like it. I think there are some things that are going to get worked out in the next few "point" releases, but on the whole I think the changes are mostly for the better. The animations are pretty smooth on my iPhone 5, but the retina iPad is definitely dropping frames all over the place.

IMO the best change by far is the ability to finally put all those Apple applications you don't use into folders. I hated how in IOS 6 I was stuck with stuff like news stand that couldnt be filed away even if you didn't use them.