Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I checked the ALAC issue with my 2nd gen 32gb Touch and sure enough, it skips on ALAC playback. This happens regardless of whether I manually turn the screen off or let the auto-off feature turn it off. Bit annoying, but thankfully, it's non-issue for me as I convert all my music to AAC for the Touch.

Hmm, never had that happen, and all the stuff on my Touch is Apple lossless... it's got the latest firmware yes? 2.2.

Since I'll be using this purely portable (no amp), I've decided to just go AAC. Found some applescripts to do it easily, no more skipping. Not sure what's going on with ALAC, this is latest firmware and ALACs are ripped fresh in iTunes. Cover-Flow is very cool...

What's the word on updates to the iPhone? I gotta get a new phone pretty soon but will hold out if there is a chance of a new model. MacRumors says "do not buy" right now but it is unclear when something would likely happen. Thoughts, rumors, etc?

Read my replies a few pages ago about the month of Feb! My guess is the mid cycle update with more memory, last year I bought my first Iphone 16g rite when they came out around Feb 05ish..

I would wait till feb 15th if you want a cheaper price or more memory to see what Apple does. rumors of the iPhone Nano and in today's economy who knows if they will do a mid cycle update, but guessing by Apples stock and their past i would bet on more memory or some kind of update. Also look how much Flash Memory has been falling in price...

then again maybe the new software update has something to do with what may come in Feb?