Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Recently picked up a Touch (2nd Gen), and am digging how cool it is.

I do need some help/advice for a LOD cable, however. Anyone know a source for a reasonably priced (ie: not the unobtanium stuff that ALO makes) LOD cable that works with the 2G Touch?

In the meantime I am just using the headphone out at 50 - 70% volume to feed an amp, and am impressed by the quality, even with 256k vbr AAC or 320k MP3s. For serious listening, I'd prefer to use ALAC source files to a true line out, so pass on those suggestions.

tia ...

Nate ... short and sweet (about 6" end to end) should do it. Longer is ok, but prefer short and tidy.

Here is pinout (which you likely already have): Apple iPod and iPhone dock interfaces pinout and signals @ pinouts.ru

Here is info on why the 2G Touch doesn't send audio to line outs (goes to internal speaker instead) when old LOD cable used: Using the iPod Touch 2G with the AUX input

You likely already knew that as well, but thought worth posting.

Edited by agile_one

I just opened the package Stacy sent to me. she made me a LOD like the turbo dock and a LOD with two feet of cable for my Z4 aux input, mind you everything is perfect black so it will look DAMN OEM BMW! (won the LOD for the Z4 from the Chi events raffle)

i have not tried out the SQ of either yet cause i just woke up mins ago but the construction is good, the braiding is great and the connection points on the mini male and and 32 pin ipod side are strong! sad part is this ladies build is better then what i seen off some more pricey LOD's i seen off of other people. i like how she used the braiding and not a strait cable for the wire, better chance of block out any interference from the car.

you all can say what you want about her but she really did a great job in my eyes..

Anyone tried this? :)

Got my Touch this morning but it didn't work with my school's wireless :( So pissed off.

There are a few things you can try:

1) add the following DNS server to the particular network: 208.67.222.222

2) Sometime a school will require that you register your device's MAC address in order to gain access to the network... that's how it is here, it helps limit network access to current students, faculty and staff.

Check your school's IT pages or do a search for WiFi access on your school's website.

• 2 weeks later...
i got my Switcheasy Capsule Neo, today. some people have reported it as being difficult to assemble around the iPhone just right, but i had no problems. friggin' sweet case. if it weren't for the emblem on the back that sticks out a little, and makes the phone rock when it's set down on a table, i'd say it's perfect.

i've been looking at that case for a while. how's the silicone tactilethin membrane that they give you along with it?

Speaking of cases, was thinking of doing the 5 pack Agent 18 eco cases they sell on their website. I was wondering if anyone wants to throw $10 my way and take the green case off my hands when it comes in (as i already have Green)?

the Agent 18 Eco cases are alot better then the incase slider i had before. better feel, no need to remove any part for docking it, fits in any dock/holder, and saves the planet!

anyone interested?

seems as though i was wrong about the 32GB coming out, but i am still holding out till the end of this week...lol

also Yesterday i was filling the Jacuzzi and listening to Barak Obama's "Dream's from my Father" audio book when my home button on my iPhone decided to stop working. i made a appointment for later in the day online for the Genius bar and they replaced it again for free.

i'm on my third iPhone 3G...eek!

i got my Switcheasy Capsule Neo, today. some people have reported it as being difficult to assemble around the iPhone just right, but i had no problems. friggin' sweet case. if it weren't for the emblem on the back that sticks out a little, and makes the phone rock when it's set down on a table, i'd say it's perfect.

I ordered one last week on your recommendation, but it seems to be taking it's friggin' sweet time getting to me.