Happy birthday mulveling!

deepak

Thanks a bunch all you guys, and gal! :)

MEGA-ULTRA-THANKS to Tom for the kick-ass Nipper (RCA dog) & Victrola figurines...just like in my avatar! I love these things! Also thanks for all special acoustic hockey pucks!!! And I still have your Aqualung vinyl remaster and Renee Fleming SACDs...if possible I'd like to buy one or both off you, sir ;D

Have a great one dude! Which amp is going to get birthday preference?

You know, somehow this amp thing has gotten out of, and is staying out of control...too damn many choices :D

I just today got the McIntosh back from Terry, finally (it measures in at 140 Watts/ch, woots!). So I may watch a movie or 2 tonight out of that and the Zana Deux. I'll probably be hitting the Jethro Tull records again (which I've been doing a lot of the last month), out of the Supra SE with the 2c51 adapter Purk's lent me, and has hopefully forgotten about :)

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up my 3rd vintage power amp, the el34-based, 35 Watts/ch Eico HF-87 :kitty:

Of course I had to be sick this week, so this is all contingent upon my annoying left ear popping the pressure out at some point...gotta remember not to blow my nose again tonight.

Have a good one Mike! Go buy some new vinyl to check out.

A splendid idea! I'll have to stop by a record store on my way out tomorrow.

Have a Happy Birthday Mike!!! Let's celebrate!!! I might let you borrow my Bogdan Ghost for a day.. :D

Isn't that big fat a power cord? You know, all my vintage amps have hard-wired scrawny cords :D

Glad to hear that you've finally got your McIntosh back! Did Terry fix your gain dial(s)?

He fixed the gain dial, but for my big birthday surprise - the left channel is dead :'( :rant:

Hooked it up, heard a soft pop, then low-level motorboat hum noise. When playing music the left channel is at a very low-level, and completely garbled. At least there was no violent event. Right channel plays fine. Fuse looks fine. I guess something may have gotten whacked out of place in shipment (though the packaging all looked fine)? Enjoyed the Heathkits last night, but their bass is extremely soft compared to the Mc.

When I went to pick up the Eico today ( ;D), the seller gave me the name of a good local alternative to Terry. I think I'll drop it off there next week...not taking the risk of shipping that thing again. This Eico should be twice as powerful as the Heathkits :)