What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite funny (and very sad) seeing the US news reports that get flagged in the media down here in Australia. About how Barack Hussein Obama isn't a typical American name, how he lives within 4 miles of a big-wig in Nation of Islam so must really be a Muslim, OMFG COMMUNITY ORGYNISER MEANS HE'S A TERRYRIST PLOTTING TO TAKE DUN THE GUVMENT!

Sure, vote against him because you don't like his policies. But there is no excuse for that kind blatant ignorance and bigotry.

Unfortunately, this is a country with way too many ignorant and bigoted people.

Congrats, Laine!

Thanks Nate :). I can't wait to try it out and listen to it in my system. Since having two HP2s I'm hoping I like this a bit more. The only Grado can after this that I didn't hear is the PS-1s, but with the price it is going for it will probably not happen for a long while.

I hate to jinx it but the HP-1 is pretty much exactly like the HP-2. Maybe your amps or your brain or whatever will be more ready for it. I would have thought the Dragon would have been a good match for HP1000 cans, but who knows. The PS-1 is totally and completely different, so you will have to try them out sometime. I would be happy to send mine to you for an audition if you are interested at some point.

Sincerely not trying to influence you, so enjoy the Joe Grados and see what you think. I like them and think they are cool, and depending on your amp it can be a great pair of cans.

I hate to jinx it but the HP-1 is pretty much exactly like the HP-2. Maybe your amps or your brain or whatever will be more ready for it. I would have thought the Dragon would have been a good match for HP1000 cans, but who knows. The PS-1 is totally and completely different, so you will have to try them out sometime. I would be happy to send mine to you for an audition if you are interested at some point.

Sincerely not trying to influence you, so enjoy the Joe Grados and see what you think. I like them and think they are cool, and depending on your amp it can be a great pair of cans.

Thanks Al for your kind offer. I'm hoping that they will sound a tad different, but if not at least I got to give them a listen :). One day when my son gets a little older I will make it to a CanJam. The L.A. one is really depending because at least it is just across the ocean for me ;). But besides listening to cans I would love to meet all the people in person. That would be the pure highlight for me :).

Woke up. Called my rental company to replace our broken dryer. Computer crashed. Lost some of my music. Got angry then computer crashed again. Preamp died/fried. Spilled coke on my keyboard.

BAD DAY!

Sorry to hear that Luis. Looks like the hardware plague is making it's rounds. I got a bit of it a couple of months ago.

recovering someone's data. they received a hard drive error message upon boot, and instead of shutting down and letting me know (it was a couple hours before i went in for work, but stuff), they just used it until the machine shut down. partition table is fucked. hoping ProSoft's Data Rescue II will get the shit off over the weekend, but hard to say.

no back ups, of course, despite the fact that the data on the machine is completely necessary for them to do their job, and i've strongly suggested using our Domain to back the files up, over and over. aaaarrrggghhh.

That really sucks Reks :(. I hope you can get it recovered. Wanna wish you luck with that.

The LA CanJam 09 is really what? Tempting? Possible? Terrifying? What?!

PM to follow.

Terrifying like Augsburger said :indra::D. Just j/k :). It is really tempting because of the short distance CONUS. It is still up in the air but that is the best possible one to attend because of the distance :)

My son wanted to listen to my headphones for the first time. I was listening to my new DT770s with my Pico (I know I didn't have my better cans like the R10s, HP1s, or K1000s (that would be funny) around since I was upstairs and this is my portable rig ;) ). I had Wes Montgomery - "Smokin' at the Half Note" playing. He kept listening for a good 5 minutes and he didn't want to take off the cans so he listened to Wes a bit more :). Overall it was great and I wanted to share a pic. I got a bunch more and he was smiling the whole time so I'm guessing he likes Jazz :dance:

EnjoyingWesMontgomery.jpg