What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nursed sick children, made pancakes, arranged to meet a nasty margin call, built a Play-Doh moonbase, got laid on the sly, watched "Finding Nemo" for the 32nd time, tapped a keg of homebrew. I guess I always pictured middle age as more restful. :)

We had to evacuate out house due to fumes all day. That blew all my plans.

Assume we're not talking farts here? What happened?

Went to work, taught a resident how to make a couple of surgeries, got back home and in the way bought some milk, yogurt and Coke, ate delicious "coca" (kind of pizza without mozzarella and way more stuffed), received the new ESW10 and been listening to them for the most part of the rest of the day, paid the Sonny Rollins gold disc I bought from Deepak, listened to my brother in law's radio show while chatting with him and other station staff, dinned "ensaimada" (a delicious cake stuffed with truffle chocolate cream and threaded sweetmeat), watched a couple of Frasier old episodes with wife, now giving the last round to the forums.

Busy day huh?

How do you like the 10jpns?

I'm quite impressed for the tonal balance, a bit bass heavier than neutral, but more than acceptable in the midrange and treble. Overly smooth and pretty natural. For the price I had wished a stronger wire, I find it a bit thin for portables which aren't IEM. We'll see how the shape after some burn-in, but not really wishing they go profound changes, I like them as is.

The wire leaves something to be desired I suppose. They feel less brittle than my PX100 wires at least, though they're about the same size.

I dont know if I would consider my 10jpns to be fully burned in or not, but I haven't noticed much change in tone, or any other characteristics. :)

Some have reported tightening of the bass, but I find it rather tight already, maybe they just got accustomed to their "bass heaviness", and also smoothing in the treble, but it's not harsh IMO. Probably the best surprise for me has been the quality of the voices. Too early to say though, I haven't listened to "my girls" yet. Promising nonetheless.

If you find them bassier than neutral and most people agree that they're less bassy than the ESW9... I can't wait to get mine. :o

To stay OT, I went to class, did some more translating (a tiny bit), sat around and read some stuff, and am now pretending to program. :palm:

The kids were apparently practicing for the New England Regional Cookie Tossing Championships all night. Based on their current form, I'd say they are both tipped to finish near the top of their respective weight classes. Ran out of clean PJs and bedsheets by 3 a.m. or so and had to do laundry, so just gave up on shut-eye and put a pot of coffee on. Today will be dedicated to barely keeping it all together and perhaps a deeply-ironic first viewing of the new "Sleeping Beauty" Blu-ray transfer.

On the bright side, FedEx reports that my new GS-1 will be here tomorrow. :prettyprincess:

The kids were apparently practicing for the New England Regional Cookie Tossing Championships all night. Based on their current form, I'd say they are both tipped to finish near the top of their respective weight classes. Ran out of clean PJs and bedsheets by 3 a.m. or so and had to do laundry, so just gave up on shut-eye and put a pot of coffee on. Today will be dedicated to barely keeping it all together and perhaps a deeply-ironic first viewing of the new "Sleeping Beauty" Blu-ray transfer.
This had me in stitches, thanks for that. Sorry to hear you had a crappy night, I've been there and will surely be there again at some point. Although midnight laundry has not been required so far (knocks on wood).

On the bright side, FedEx reports that my new GS-1 will be here tomorrow. :prettyprincess:

Wuhoo!

Nice prose. Sorry about the vomit to sleep ratio at home.