What did you do today?

riceboy

Indy Dinny died the day he said "I do", Baggers. After that it's all just degrees of benevolent despotism.

This. And, we had been together for a long time before that fateful day. So IndiDinny probably died the day we signed up for a joint checking account.

Woke up on my friend's bed after being kidnapped by them last night. Just got back from IHOP. haha

Roofies and Pancakes!

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared the Oppo BDP-83 with the BDP-83SE upgrade. It should be said that there was only 1 hour of burn-in on the newer one, and at least a hundred -- if not hundreds -- on the old one.

It's worth the upgrade just for the better stereo separation alone, especially with headphone listening, clearly, audibly better. Bass is just a touch more on the old one, but can only be heard on the best of headphones, and it's close enough that I'll just get used to it. Top end is nice and extended. Old one might just be a little smoother, and at the same time just a touch punchier, but only one of us could hear the latter difference (I.E. not me). I suspect the smoothness factor will go away with more burn-in, but will never know, since the other is being shipped off as soon as the RMA is received. I might ask my boss to bring his (old one) in after a month or so to see if we can tell the same differences.

Been feeling too awful to do much else, so today I managed to completely clear out my backlog of CDs to be ripped to the computer, for the first time in ever. Now to do something about the hundred or so CDs still in shrinkwrap... :palm:

Played a lot with my daughter and watched her roll over for the third time.. they grow so fast.

Before you know it they are walking. If you don't have a good camera and video camera handy always, get one. You'll regret it later if you don't. :)

I called the insurer today to put in a claim for my house in Australia. The tennants, despite being very carefully instructed in what odd noises to listen out for that indicate a plumbing problem needs fixing, managed not to notice sewerage overflowing into the basement room where all my stuff, including family heirlooms are stored, and now I'm up for the cost of a BHSE for the clean-up and a great deal of expensive or irreplaceable furniture has to be thrown out. It would actually be more cost-effective for me to sell the house and earn interest on the cash itself for the amount of shit that is going wrong in it constantly. :mad:

Haha don't tell me that :eek:

My general area is Category Theory and most of the stuff I have looked at is related to the application of enriched and higher dimensional categories to cohomology.

Although said paper above is probably a bit of a stretch for that hehe.

Yourself?

Sounds nice. :) I work in low-dimensional topology, mostly 3- and 4-dimensional manifolds and knot theory. Most of my work has an algebraic flavor to it, often looking at (co)homology (with coefficients) modules over some relatively nice non-commutative rings. I also have a few papers with purely group theoretic results which is why I have some familiarity with J. Algebra.

Did the functional threshold power test I was supposed to do on Sunday: As hard as I can sustain for an hour. Averaged 260w (not too bad considering I suck) and nearly threw up at the end of it but managed not too.

DigiPete & Reks: I hope you feel better.

Edited by Dreadhead