What did you do today?

riceboy

I want to get a slow motion camera just for him. I want the following film:

(low to the floor, looking through doorway into kitchen, framed by doorway)

(nothing happens)

(for perhaps just a beat too long, nothing continues to happen)

(dust starts to blow in from stage left, it is now obvious that this is slow motion)

(cat enters from stage left, "drifting", going sideways from sheer momentum, scrambling for traction)

(cat continues from stage left to stage right, "drifting")

(cat exits stage right, still "drifting")

(fade to black)

Yeah, that's pretty much him in a nutshell.:D There could also be a plastic bag or something off to the side to show what he's drifting toward.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major system upgrade.

I went to the ENT doctor. His assistant vacuumed about a ton of nasty-looking gack out of my left ear. She was very impressed with the FR curve of my ears, BTW.

The top couple octaves are waaay better on my left side now. It was pretty stunning in the doctor's office. The buzzing fluorescent ballast in the examination room (it was to my left) suddenly had real harmonics. Not a great thing in the specific, but it was thrill for me.

Right now listening to Toe on Harbeth P3ESRs off of a Luxman 505u fed by a PerfectWave DAC. Combo does not suck.

Color me jelous. Did you buy them all or are you at a dealer?

Me: At work getting stuff done, though not really efficiently. I have a doc's appointment this afternoon for which I'm fasting, and the general lack of food/caffeine is distracting me greatly.

Even Stretch isn't fast enough to have acquired all that stuff this fast without us knowing it. But Nate is right, say goodbye to the bucks now, Stretch, your fate is sealed. :dance:

As for me, I received an email from my bank saying that my account was overdrawn, so I called them back. How can that be, I asked, given that I deposited a check and transferred funds well over the amount of the state tax check I had to write before the end of the year? Wait, says the bank, we don't have any record of that [large] check you say you deposited. :eek: says I. Still don't know what happened to it, but they are "researching" it.... :chair::palm:

Wait, says the bank, we don't have any record of that [large] check you say you deposited. :eek: says I. Still don't know what happened to it, but they are "researching" it.... :chair::palm:

Bummer.

I don't know which bank you use, or the means you used to deposit your check.

BofA ATMS allow you to get a receipt with a scanned image of deposited check, and you can view that image online from your account.

A pretty good paper trail for the avoidance of doubt.

[url=http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/a-user-guide-to-check-deposits-at-atms/]A User Guide to Check Deposits at A.T.M.

Well, it turns out that the money was deposited into a different account. But at least it was my account, so now they are just transferring the funds to where they were supposed to deposit them in the first place. No harm, no foul, except I think I will pay closer attention when the teller fills out the deposit slip for me. :palm:

Had the operational model for my phd fieldwork shot down by new practical concerns and started working on a new model. If that falls to bits, I'll probably have to come up with a fresh topic proposal, which would not be fun.

Also I ate a whole tub of Ben and Jerrys.