What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fought with my fucking drobo. I usually leave my computer asleep and just wake it up when I want to do something. So I wake it up and starte Windows Media Player (don't start) to sync some new cd's to my media player and the fucking drobo doesn't wake up and refuses to respond and shows that the directories are empty. WMP then starts removing the "lost" media and all hell breaks loose, luckily I was looking at the screen and had not walked off. I then try and wake up drobo by unplugging the USB then it comes back asking to be formatted (WTF!!!!) anyway after powering both computer and drobo down entirely everything is back and no data loss. This fucking drobo gives me a heart attack every couple months.:mikey1:

Just unpacked bunch of educational science equipment for work/school we purchased through a grant. Much to my surprise, included in the first batch of stuff was a Lego Mindstorm - I really didn't think the item would get approved.

We used one of these in an engineering class, and the system was pretty cool. Unfortunately, the project was one which would have been much easier to do with discrete logic.

Nice translation, but what does "a practical" mean? If you mean is it practical, then yes, I am [almost] always in the office by then. :)

Practical as opposed to Theoretical (test or exam). E.g. Chemistry Practical (exam), where you have to actually do things, rather than just writing them down.

Is there US equivalent terminology?

Practical as opposed to Theoretical (test or exam). E.g. Chemistry Practical (exam), where you have to actually do things, rather than just writing them down.

Is there US equivalent terminology?

That's how we used it, at least as bio/biochem students in college. I generally enjoyed them (lab practical), though I was a rather bad student.

Got a package from digikey and replaced a few more blown parts in my fileserver's power supply, finally tracing the problem to the buck controller IC for the 5V rail. Good thing I ordered some replacements from ON semi just in case... maybe in a couple days I'll actually have it back up and running.

I also realized today that there is no question that my arms are covered in poison oak rash. :( I worked on a creek restoration project at my son's school and in the process of removing invasive species like blackberry my arms got scratched up. There must have been a good amount of poison oak where I was working. Damn I hate poison oak.

I also realized today that there is no question that my arms are covered in poison oak rash. :( I worked on a creek restoration project at my son's school and in the process of removing invasive species like blackberry my arms got scratched up. There must have been a good amount of poison oak where I was working. Damn I hate poison oak.

Share it with fellow members of the bar at the MCLE class. "Rubbing elbows" and so forth.

Listened to my R10s for the last time :(
+1 to the :( and to the hope they'll be fully appreciated in their new home.

Closed deal with a nanny for the 1 1/2 year old. Come next month it's time for me to stop being a full-time dad, go out into the world, and make something of myself.