What did you do today?

riceboy

Really really sorry, Steve.

My day started with the vet as well. Stupid Ivan got in a fight and lost, and had to have kitty surgery. He'll be okay, but he's gotta stay at the vets for a few days. The other cat managed to take out a few chunks of skin and muscle on his back.

That, alas is precisely where cats attack during a fight - biting the back is out of reach for a cat to groom, so the wound gets infected. It is deep rooted in the instinct of cats to fight that way.

How do I know? Talking to the vet while she patched up precisely that sort of wound on our current cat Cleo.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Naaman. I hope all goes well with the delivery.

This will be a day you'll always remember Naaman. Wishing you and your wife the best of luck today.

I thought Jarheads got up at the crack of dawn every day?

Uh, Naaman isn't a Gyrene.

Steve, good luck with your buddy. I think that you are doing the right thing in giving him a chance to hang in there.

Uh, Naaman isn't a Gyrene.

Steve, good luck with your buddy. I think that you are doing the right thing in giving him a chance to hang in there.

Oops, my bad. I thought I heard that somewhere.

Fred's foot is much better today, and he's pretty spunky for his condition. I think he must have read all the comments and decided he wasn't ready to cash in yet. I'm quite happy for the good day!

Oops, my bad. I thought I heard that somewhere.

Fred's foot is much better today, and he's pretty spunky for his condition. I think he must have read all the comments and decided he wasn't ready to cash in yet. I'm quite happy for the good day!

Very encouraging Steve!! Fred, milk him for all the treats and ear scritches you can get!!

Apnea is definitely my issue. Hopefully they get the info they need to get me a machine, and then I can begin getting used to it.

Tough week for me to be up in the mountains! Still on the long drive home.

My best to everyone, esp to swt/boomana and their sick pets. :-(

Grawk, sorry to hear about the apnea. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. While I don't consider myself a sleep expert, I diagnose and treat a lot of sleep conditions due to these often looking like psych conditions. Be persistent, follow up well and tell them if it's not working out. Lots of my patients do well, but only after lots of adjustments, masks, different machines and changes in settings. Check out CPAP Machines and CPAP Masks for the Treatment of Sleep Apnea.

Can't stand typing anymore on this Blackberry ... Going to dinner for a steak somewhere in the middle of Kansas. Wakeeny? Something like that.

Good news for Fred!

Three days and $600 later, I just retrieved Ivan from the vet. He made a beeline for his scratching pad in search of catnip.

55a79670.jpg

8e29e0f8.jpg

I feel pretty guilty, and have to be more careful. He'd escaped about three days before I went to Indiana, and my neighbor brought him home, saying he'd been fighting in her carport. I didn't even know he'd gotten out. It took me a couple days after getting back to notice the abscess, and by then it had gotten bad. This is the second time in three months he's made guest appearances at the vet for the same thing, but last time I caught it the day I left for Chicago and just dropped him off at the vet on my way to the airport.

I'm supposed to give him ten-minute warm, wet compresses a few times a day. Have you ever tried to hold a wet washcloth to a cat? We'll see how this goes. Right now he's purring wildly at my side, so all's good for now.