What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of the Dinny version of a pentathlon: (1) run 3 miles slowly; (2) swim with Jack (which means catching him as he does flying leaps into the pool while I complain how cold the water is); (3) slurp wine while whining loudly about aching legs; (4) put Jack to bed; (5) repeat event #3.

EDIT: Vicki, I had a ridiculous meeting to attend smack dab in the middle of vacation, and I couldn't get out of it. Facetime and all that bullshit. More like :facepalm: time.

I didn't want to think businesses were adopting facetime which means employees must buy into apple closed hardware to use the software. OTOH, it seems very likely that rumors of an iPhone coming to Verizon will finally happen and soon, Apple has already admitted they have plans to soon release the iPhone to another network. Sprint and T-mobile put together don't have the user base of Verizon and it would be smart to put a dent in the biggest Droid market.

EDIT: Yes, Monkey, that is a major :palm:

If only my employer had wifi. So it's only :palm:time

Blimey, your office is indeed Dickensian

prolific-english-novelist-charles-dickens-seated-writing-with-a-quill-pen.jpg

@manaox2 I used FaceTime as an example of video conferencing. Skype would work just as well if you want to be platform neutral.

Maybe Monkey, or one of his lackeys, could be a technology evangelist at his firm. or not.

Edited by Grahame
lackey video conferencing evangelicalism FTMFW!

Been working since 4:30 this morning, am still working, and am still behind. Can't wait for a three-day weekend so I actually might get one day off, and might get caught up.

Ouch! What are they doing to you? Site visit by some obnoxious governing body?

Oh, enjoy the vaca Alex, sounds awesome.

@manaox2 I used FaceTime as an example of video conferencing. Skype would work just as well if you want to be platform neutral.

Maybe Monkey, or one of his lackeys, could be a technology evangelist at his firm. or not.

Just recently got into Skype since its early days for the first time last month. Was so impressed I bought a new webcam, would be really cool to have at least a one way video chat with users of Skype mobile. I know the EVO can already do a decent two-way.

I've been tech geeking much more since my summer ended and I got a paycheck. Tonight's plan is to drink, setup my desktop wireless adapter as an N access point for my bridged USB wireless connection and client bridge my DD-WRT router to have sweet sweet DLNA for watching new weeds/mad men/hung episodes on the HDTV and ponder how sweet DLNA will be for the Droid X when it finally arrives.