What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent the morning packing a few more things; I think I'll shove off for Arizona tomorrow morning.

Currently at the Desert Room working on a few pints of Sierra Nevada and watching the Packers game while enjoying a Macanudo. Yes, they let you smoke inside here; I can't express how much I'll miss this place.

Suppose I should find something to eat before working on another round of pints.

Sitting in dental chair waiting for the root canal to begin.

I feel for you Mike! The root canal I had done a few years ago was one of the most painful things that I have ever gone through (of course, I waited for 6 months with pain before going to the dentist). I had to get one because I grind my teeth at night... I never go a night without my night mouthguard now.

What is a playscape Marc? I searched in google and the only thing I got were these monsters! Are you building a playground for the whole neighborhood?

page01playscape_06.gif

Something like that. Smaller scale in our backyard. Doing decking now, just drove in 300 decking screws, going to Home Depot to see about getting a cheap corded drill to help out my aging battery packs. I'm hoping this squares things up a bit, then I need to work on leveling the ground a bit (of course that's what is off, not MY handiwork)...

Went with the family to an early wake for a relative that passed on Saturday yesterday and dropped my truck off at the shop because of a shudder when taking right turns. Call from the mechanic today indicated that my spider gears are torn up and needs a new rear end. Not a good time to ask for a four digit sum of money from me. :(

Is there ever a good time to be asked for a four digit sum of money?

I may have to sell possessions to raise the money quick enough. I really may put it off for two months if I can borrow the 89 F150 for a little longer from the grandparents.

Preamp also had its left channel blow out Saturday. The inside of that thing makes SinglePower look almost owner friendly. Almost.

i had a root canal two and a half years ago, and i didn't feel pain during any part of it, during or after. never had to take any pain meds, not even advil.

Same here on the during and after parts, but it was painful before on at least one of my 3 root canals.

Hope yours goes smoothly Mike.

I may have to sell possessions to raise the money quick enough. I really may put it off for two months if I can borrow the 89 F150 for a little longer from the grandparents.

Preamp also had its left channel blow out Saturday. The inside of that thing makes SinglePower look almost owner friendly. Almost.

Argh, that sucks. I hope you don't have to sell anything. What is/was your preamp?

Argh, that sucks. I hope you don't have to sell anything. What is/was your preamp?

Its impossible for me to tell. I am holding it for someone in Chapel Hill who has been spending time performing graduate medical studies in Korea (don't think he liked it too much, but I did). Its very very DIY, thick teflon plate inside with tubes mounted, all done via P2P. Wish I knew myself. Its sad, but I cannot say that I'm not surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Had two root canals recently, on large molars with decayed fillings. Got the fillings when I was a kid, and either was not told (unlikely) or did not remember (very likely) that they need a refresh every decade, or they crumble and bits of chip get stuck under them slowly killing you.

The pain beforehand was very, very unpleasant. So much so that the root canal itself and the minor pain afterward was downright pleasant. I look back on it as an enjoyable experience, much like washing a car or cleaning your garage. Hopefully will be able to as well.