What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THH Manhattan.... evil.

As I mentioned earlier, got the obligatory FSU game out of the way. Mostly involved walking and standing and sweating a lot. Took the bus that runs by my house but still had to hoof it a couple miles from the closest stop on that line to the stadium. Could have figured out some kind of transfer but needed the exercise.

Probably won't do another football game till next year when my friend will be in a condo right next to the stadium.

really? most nice restaurants have at least one vegetarian option

I wouldn't want an option of one. Sometimes she didn't like her one option, then you're just stuck.

It isn't the vegetarian part that is why she has to slum it, it's the being really fucking irritating part. She's a know it all who doesn't know shit. I'm a know it all, but at least I know a lot

Fax machine ready, Al?

I meant she wasn't slumming it by dating you ... in other words, you're a good guy. Sheesh, some guys can't take a complement! :)

I was in a meat place earlier today, and I overheard the following conversation:

"I thought you were a vegetarian."

(beat)

"I am, I'm an indirect vegetarian."

(at this point, I laughed, the latter speaker caught my eye and smiled, while speaking to the former speaker, who must have apparently had a quizzical expression on his face)

"I eat things that eat vegetables, being the implication."

I'm going to have to use that from now on. I'm an indirect vegetarian.

As I mentioned earlier, got the obligatory FSU game out of the way. Mostly involved walking and standing and sweating a lot. Took the bus that runs by my house but still had to hoof it a couple miles from the closest stop on that line to the stadium. Could have figured out some kind of transfer but needed the exercise.

Probably won't do another football game till next year when my friend will be in a condo right next to the stadium.

Want a more interesting football experience? Geaux to Baton Rouge for an LSU game. Craziest.fans.ever.

i can take free drinks, though, if that makes up for it.

Hopefully at ChiLiquiFi!

I guess I have very tolerant vegetarian friends. but then again I do make an effort to eat at vegetarian places when im hanging out with them :)

I actually like vegetarian places. Many choices of vegetarian dishes not made as an afterthought. I also think it's probably a little different to date a vegetarian (I was with her for years!) than to have friends who are vegetarian. Or perhaps it was our bad break up ... :rolleyes:

Well that dream was short-lived. Based on the last week, my extremely sparse practicing due to spending all my time on engineering, and my conking out and sleeping 14 hours yesterday, there's no way in hell I'm going to both do well in school and prepare for the Tchaik competition. Seems like it's gonna have to be 4 years from now. Time to find a regional or national competition.

it hasn't worked since i tried to fax a chili cheese coney to somebody jonesing for some cincinnati "chili."

That explains all the weird phone calls I've been getting...

Anyways, went to the MD Wine Festival with the family. 15 months 'till I can have my own glass, but the sips slipped to me were tolerable. Would rather have had beer, personally.

Well that dream was short-lived. Based on the last week, my extremely sparse practicing due to spending all my time on engineering, and my conking out and sleeping 14 hours yesterday, there's no way in hell I'm going to both do well in school and prepare for the Tchaik competition. Seems like it's gonna have to be 4 years from now. Time to find a regional or national competition.
:(

Wait a sec, you're in college studying engineering, too? Sounds like two very full time pursuits, my man. Sorry to hear that it's not going to work out, though. :(

well, there is a dish called chili. it's actually a Greek meat sauce. the stuff is okay occasionally, but it's emphatically not chili. of course, Cincinnati isn't the only place to pass off something as chili that isn't chili. i'm looking at you, anyplace that uses beans.

Weirdly, at almost the exact time you said that, I got this urge to go to Skyline Chili.

Studying engineering *and* practicing for a major international musician competetion? I'd say the two are mutually exclusive if you plan on sleeping at all. Either that or you will do both badly and end up extremely fed up with yourself.

Two full time endeavors. No surprise something had to go. Sorry you had to make a choice, and hoping you made the decision that's best for you!