What did you do today?

riceboy

Like Shelly, I waited a bit too long to have it done. He blew some air on the tooth to see how hot the nerve was and I almost jumped out of the chair. The procedure was mostly but not completely painless. He had to give my 3 shots to get me numb enough to do the procedure. He is a friend of mine and his exact quote after he was done was, "Mike, this is going to hurt like a motherfucker later.". I just took one of the percocets he prescribed.

Scott, sorry to hear about the truck.

Shelly, I hope you figure out that paper.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give us the sentence, maybe we can crowd-source the understanding. as long as it doesn't have any math in it.

Hmm, leaving out the math, it says "Different numberings can be connected via the .... of Lemma 2.11," any ideas?

Doesn't that just mean easy grading for you - F?

No way that I would spend that long if I were grading a paper, unfortunately, just something I need to understand to proceed in my own research and I am sure it is easy and I am being just stupid. I think it is time to move on.

Like Shelly, I waited a bit too long to have it done. He blew some air on the tooth to see how hot the nerve was and I almost jumped out of the chair. The procedure was mostly but not completely painless. He had to give my 3 shots to get me numb enough to do the procedure. He is a friend of mine and his exact quote after he was done was, "Mike, this is going to hurt like a motherfucker later.". I just took one of the percocets he prescribed.

Glad to hear you were able to get numbed up. That was the problem with mine, they kept giving me shots in the nerves, but I could still feel pain from the procedure... not fun. Hope the pain afterwards isn't too bad.

I'm not sure I want to ask about how that may kill me at this precise moment. :palm:

It was killing me because it hurt, mostly, and because my wife was up my ass about going to the dentist, which is an activity that coincides with almost every dislike I have about western society (i.e. waiting, calling people, paying for things I don't want, being looked down upon).

Thankfully, unlike a Korean grad student, this will not actually end your life.

It was killing me because it hurt, mostly, and because my wife was up my ass about going to the dentist, which is an activity that coincides with almost every dislike I have about western society (i.e. waiting, calling people, paying for things I don't want, being looked down upon).

Sounds like the majority of activities I'm expected to do these days. On the bright side, there are the people that do care, even if they are up your ass from time to time. :D

Heh, I'm too embarassed to even ask questions at this point. The main problem I think is all my levels aren't level and my squares aren't square and my measuring tapes have the wrong numbers printed on them :)

The good thing is the kids won't care if it's level or plumb, as long as it doesn't fall on them. :)

Preamp also had its left channel blow out Saturday. The inside of that thing makes SinglePower look almost owner friendly. Almost.

I have two mono Luminous Audio passive preamps, they're balanced (XLR). You're welcome to them on an extended loan if it'll help.

They'll see no use here for the forseeable future, but it's one of those things you don't really want to sell off.

Right now what I'm doing is debating: A guy just offered me a grand for my two year old (already?!) Cambridge 840c. It's a good source. That's a damned good deal. And yet, despite my little bit of upgraditis itch and all the rest of it, I'm having mixed feelings here.

Do you use the transport and the digital in?

Do you use the transport and the digital in?

Yes.

If I sell this two year old player at a grand it's a great deal. I'm actually surprised someone bit on it at that price.

I have two other players here I can use as perfectly viable transports so that would mean going the DAC route. At that point, I'm either looking at Perfectwave stuff, Wyred 4 sound, maybe one of those Zodiacs, Neko, and stuff like that.

Yes.

If I sell this two year old player at a grand it's a great deal. I'm actually surprised someone bit on it at that price.

I have two other players here I can use as perfectly viable transports so that would mean going the DAC route. At that point, I'm either looking at Perfectwave stuff, Wyred 4 sound, maybe one of those Zodiacs, Neko, and stuff like that.

Sounds like a pretty tempting offer, and "upgraditis" is a hard itch to get rid off :D

Sounds like a pretty tempting offer, and "upgraditis" is a hard itch to get rid off :D

It's a strange balance here. $1000 for something I paid $1400 for new two years ago is a no brainer on paper. The thing's warranty ends at the end of this month. This guy doesn't care.

I just want to make sure that if I do sell this I don't move on to a lateral move or even an accidental backwards move.

I had a long, exhausting, satisfying three-way date with George Cardas and a measuring tape. As a result, my speakers are now aligned in a golden trapagon, and sound sweet. What did you do, Dr. Wood?

George Cardas is one of the audio business good guys. Fixated on golden ratios for sure, but that fixation has led to some exceptional results.

His golden trapagon stuff is aimed at distributing the room resonances at the listening position in an acoustically acceptible way. But it seems to be suited to monopole speakers (ie ones in boxes) that are omnidirectional at low frequencies, and excite resonances in all three room dimensions. I'd be interested in learning what his thinking is on placement of dipole speakers (such as electrostatics, or Magneplanar panels) which excite resonances only in one room dimension.