What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on off-loading your grad student! Drinks are in order!

My plan exactly.

Hey hey hey...we aren't just pieces of meat. Some of us have feelings too. :(

x2!

:D

True. If you were it would probably be less work. :)

Sat through meetings with HP's patent lawyers all .. day ... long...

That hurts my head just thinking about it. You will definitely need a good stiff drink or three this evening.

filled out 50 pages of documents for cyberschool registration for the kids

Pfft modern day homeschoolers. In my day the only place you could go for homeschool textbooks was Bob Jones University or Pensacola Christian University. No, I did not get a well rounded education, but I am a good little Christian boy at heart.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Stop yer whining! Killing Joke might be fun to see (didn't even know they were out and about these days). Same for Social Distortion. Haven't listened to enough Epica to have an opinion, but the scenery would be pretty good lol

I just see that Killing Joke is playing the Broken Bottle (IIRC) in Chicago the 10th (and maybe the 11th). I take it they canceled? Oh, and it probably didn't come through in previous post, but sorry you missed these.

Went to the dentist and got a night guard fitted, so I don't grind the shit out of my teeth.

Good idea. I grinded my teeth into a root canal, not fun. Now, I never go without the night guard.

x2 on that. After just finishing doing 11 telephone interviews it is surprising how many people have no clue how to interview.

My graduate student just finished depositing his thesis. He did a really good job but I'm sure glad that time sink is finished.

Congrats! My first PhD student is graduating this May. I just found out that she has an interview at the national meetings in January. That was a nice surprise considering how aweful the job market is these days.

I know I was a massive PITA for my advisor but I'm a massive PITA for most people.

Luckily I usually turn out to be a useful PITA too....

I never had a PhD student myself during my 2 year professor stint but my masters student was great other than right at the end when I had to beat both him and his masters comittee into shape which was no big deal.