Deals

Dusty Chalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 4:00 PM, blessingx said:

I have better gear, but to be honest few have served more purposes than this. 40% off. 

iFi Audio Micro iDSD Signature Finale Portable Headphone Amp and DAC, Adorama Exclusive

It's dropped another 7% if anyone is interested. Mine just arrived today. Sounds good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MexicanDragon said:

When I checked it, I saw the full price and couldn't find the deal you got. Looks like a nice piece of kit. When it gets down to 90% off...

I just checked the above link with a different browser and unsigned in still getting $399 (mobile and desktop). 

2 hours ago, blessingx said:

I just checked the above link with a different browser and unsigned in still getting $399 (mobile and desktop). 

Right. Don't think you had a link when you bought it, so I just looked it up on Adorama's site and it was 749$, IIRC. The link you had from 3 hours ago, however, did show 399$.

If you ever find a deal, post the link. I've been able to send deals with crazy big discounts from there, but you wouldn't be able to find it by searching; it's a very URL-dependent site.

Oh! And I found out that they moved their warehouse to my old stomping grounds in TN! A friend of mine works for them; says it's the best job he's had other than DJing. ❤️

On 8/14/2023 at 4:45 PM, blessingx said:

It's dropped another 7% if anyone is interested. Mine just arrived today. Sounds good. 

Hey Ric, it looks like the link is still working, and I am getting more courious. This may work for me in my current use case. But I was wondering about the 'Sounds good', what was your rig with this? I was thinking about pushing it with my laptop or new tablet, and having it drive the AT-L3000's for now. (48 ohm)

thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, mikeymad said:

Hey Ric, it looks like the link is still working, and I am getting more courious. This may work for me in my current use case. But I was wondering about the 'Sounds good', what was your rig with this? I was thinking about pushing it with my laptop or new tablet, and having it drive the AT-L3000's for now. (48 ohm)

thanks in advance.

https://www.adorama.com/se506911k.html?sdtid=16869128&emailprice=t&sterm=2eM3mlzRDxyPT7EyAhTydzFMUkF3JB3QExTVx80&utm_source=rflaid62905&utm_medium=affiliate

Ooops. Accidentally found a link that has that amp PLUS Senn HD800S for 1499$.

I hate when that happens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mikeymad said:

thanks in advance.

Here's my short review - last week I bought a second one. ;) 

I'm using with the LCD-X (20 ohm) and LCD-3 (110 ohms), with different settings. This is built for IEMs up with various gain and IEM-match adjustments. Basically you try to target 12 o'clock with whatever phones you use. Do I think as a transportable rig it matches the Hugo 2 (on loan)? Not quite, the Hugo has a more relaxed, balanced sound, but at this price of $399 versus $3000, if it gets close I'm happy. I'm happy. 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, blessingx said:

Here's my short review - last week I bought a second one. ;) 

I'm using with the LCD-X (20 ohm) and LCD-3 (110 ohms), with different settings. This is built for IEMs up with various gain and IEM-match settings. Basically you try to target 12 o'clock with whatever phones you use. Do I think as a transportable rig it matches the Hugo 2 (on loan)? Not quite, the Hugo is a slightly more balanced, but at this price of $399 versus $3000 if it gets close I'm happy. I'm happy. 

Man, I need to get a job so I can buy things on a whim again. I miss those days.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...