The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Anybody interested in a NIB Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8 for X mount before I hawk in on FM?  I got in on the 2 for 1 deal and I already have the Fuji 35mm 1.4.  I may also be interested in selling my 35 1.4 instead.

Not my pic:

Chris-Gampat-The-Phoblographer-Fujifilm-

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/zeiss_touit_first_2_lenses.shtml

http://www.photozone.de/fuji_x/863-zeiss32f18

I borrowed a GoPro Hero2 the other weekend for some street shooting.

It is a very fun little camera if you like fisheye lenses.

Supposedly the Hero3+ has infinitely better high ISO performance, which sounds reasonable because the 2 has pretty bad noise - pretty much anywhere but base ISO has obvious noise. Otherwise it is wonderful. ZERO AF lag. stupid-high frame rate (10FPS@11mp, 30FPS@12mp for the 3+) and a big fat fisheye lens. So much fun. Really tempted to get a 3+

Click through for a few more pics. 

14222464400_7e3bc2b375.jpg

14407755932_b9221cfe94.jpg

14409067845_fee7d872b0.jpg

14407934944_6d8044e524.jpg

• Like 1

I like the Clutch as well.  Used to have a hand strap and I miss it.

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but carrying around a camera suspended/supported from its tripod socket, possibly bouncing around on your hip, still worries me about the possibilities of damage/bowing of the bottom plate.  Which is why whenever I used a BalckRapid strap, I had my hand supporting the camera at all the times (well, almost all the time).  It's interesting to note that Nikon now sells Nikon branded BlackRapid strap - I'm willing to bet they won't pay for a repair if the strap causes damage to tripod socket/bottom plate.

With all that said, I still don't like using straps.

I've been having a lot of trouble with my shoulder(s) again for the past 2 months* so I was thinking of getting another mirrorless camera.  I had the NEX5 with kit zoom which was ok but I didn't carry it around very much since the zoom lens was a bit large.  Is there anything I should look at besides the NEX line?

*I got a massage and they hurt me bad enough to send back me to PT (probably a nerve issue) - so so frustrating. 

Fuji XT-1? I hate the mushy/small buttons on it, though. Also, base ISO of 200 can be a pain with fast glasses as the top shutter speed is 1/4000. I've been told flash implementation isn't that great. It used to be RAW conversion can be problematic with Fuji cameras - not sure how it is now.

If you don't mind the difference in dof, m43 system is also nice. I've used E-M5 for a while and it is a really nice camera. The lens lineup is also pretty mature on m43. The IQ is quite nice but high ISO is still pretty noisy, though. Also, the menu system on Olympus is atrocious (I don't know about Panasonic).

Is this going to supplement or replace your Nikon 7000/7100? As mch as I like what Sony has done with bodies of late, I don't like that they now have 4-5 different lens mount/lineups that they are not really supporting.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Canon SL1 with kit lens and maybe a 50 1/8 (small, plastic, good, cheap), or the 40 f/2.8 STM.

Kit is 599$ everywhere, but Sears has something that may be a glitch you can take advantage of, which gives you 106$ in points to use at Sears/K-Mart/etc.

The SL1 is a LOT smaller than most dSLRs, and not a lot bigger than many M43s.

5DvsSL1.jpg
5D2 with kit lens vs SL1 with 40mm pancake.

It's also a little lighter than the X-T1.

Plus, you can get real lenses later when you get strength up, and sell the Nikon stuff and get a real camera.

**BRENT**

Canon's APS-C lens lineup sucks (as does Nikon's DX lens lineup) and putting on full-frame lenses completely defeats the purpose of going small, IMO.

That said, SL1 would make a nice light setup if you are paring it with small primes.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

I'm not planning to replace the D7100, just want to have something to use when I am having shoulder problems and/or I don't want to lug around a DSLR.  For example, I went to California on a trip to visit family a couple of weeks ago and would usually have taken my DSLR but I didn't want to mess up my shoulder so I just took the P&S (Canon S95).  

I don't really want something the size of the SL-1 - too big.  I'd get a D3200/3300 before that since I already have a bunch of lenses for Nikon.  I basically want something the size of Nex5 plus pancake lens or slightly bigger (a camera you could put in a jacket/hoodie pocket. The A6000 + 16-50 or small prime lens might fit the bill. 

Edited by shellylh