HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that would explain what's wrong with his ears.
not his ears, it's what's in between them :P

I think that that is the most posts I've ever had removed off Head-Fi in one day. Not that I blame or think jude did the wrong thing, it's just said everyone else won't get to see what a colossal douche markl is.
it's a hell of a lot less time consuming cleaning up a mess that way.

You have to register at Senn, and put in your S/N, problem is it is 6 digits required on the form and only 5 digits on the phones. I put a leading 0. Someone said there is a 6 digit number on the box. I do not think anyone has confirmed registration though and no individual graphs. Looks like Senn is not ready yet on this front. I registered last Fri. and no response.

How weird I've uploaded a quick video from my laptops webcam so you can hear the creaking I'm referring to:

That's why HeadRoom > Lotsadiscountheadphones.com. :)

Tyll, it looks like Eric from Senn is already fielding whinges about this in the "appreciation" thread on Head-Fi.

Call it what you will but Eric seems to blame the speed at which I'm moving the cups for the noise.

I've created a second video showing that this noise occurs even when slowly moving the cups.

Yes this doesn't interfere with the sound once I have the HD800 on my head but as I stated in my initial impression post I expected better build quality on a statement product.

Mine sounds pretty much the same though a bit clangier (could be the difference between you on video and me having them in my hand) on the right side, though they did not make that sound at all when I first took them out of the box, only after wearing them for a couple hours.

I agree it would be better if they didn't do it but I'll live with it (unless they offer an exchange over it). I rather have springs than elastomers that wear out. That said I am surprised that they do it so noticeably. One thought is that after enough motion they will settle down and stop doing it.

You think she doesn't notice the box? All women notice boxes, especially new and unfamiliar boxes. Geeez. Men.

I make sure the UPS man visits on a regular basis delivering small parts and random items. New box on the front porch is an every day thing.

My unopened HeadRoom box is sitting here next to me. Waiting for Lady Monkey to take a shower. I'd like these to just sort of fade into the rest of the gear...

Oh man that's shady. Pretty much the same technique I use.

Delivered to work... no box to hide or deal with and you can bring them home conspicuously.

I make sure the UPS man visits on a regular basis delivering small parts and random items. New box on the front porch is an every day thing.

That helps too. If there's a steady stream of boxes then there's no alarms... oh, must be more parts.

Ok, these HD800s are pretty damn good. Fuck all this "Unimpressive out of the box" "needs burn in" "the dingo ate my baby" nonsense.

I've been listening to them for 15 minutes: imac-->ECD-1/ns m192 mk2-->Pimeta(!)-->HD800 and I can say without hesitation that I have never heard a dynamic can like this. Unbelievable speed and snap; transparency and unbelievable extension. They disappear. I'm sorry, but these sound more like a pair of 'stats than any other dynamic I've ever heard. Damn good 'stats. But I can also hear the 650 in its bones, just taken to the next level (or several).

I'm going to stop waxing rhapsodic for a bit and let the infatuation settle down. But for now, this is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Probably it's just that my Pimeta is THAT GOOD.

I've been listening to them for 15 minutes: imac-->ECD-1/ns m192 mk2-->Pimeta(!)-->HD800 and I can say without hesitation that I have never heard a dynamic can like this. Unbelievable speed and snap; ...

No, no, no! Unbelievable speed? Snap? Markl says that these are the slowest dynamic cans he's ever heard. So how can they possibly be fast? :rolleyes::palm::basement: