HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you show us a picture of the stand you made for Senn?

The pics are on another computer that crashed. I posted them on here somewhere a while back though. Most likely in some place. I'll look.

Oops, I made a boo boo. I'll post the pics in a sec.

Edited by swt61

I have not heard a word out of Sennheiser. They did finally confirm receipt of the stand about two months after I shipped it. This was confirmed to my business partner warrior05, only after several emails asking if it arrived.

I've had no luck getting any more information whatsoever.

Heh, if nothing else the 800 has certainly generated a lot of traffic. I wonder how the sales will go once it quiets down and most realize they can't afford it anyway. Still, it's a pretty good reaction to something so expensive. Maybe there is hope for the high end market after all.

The price is certainly sobering. I'd need a really good long listen before even thinking about committing that amount of cash, especially as I'm getting such awesome results from homebrewing. I guess a lot of it has ultimately to do with musicality. I have a number of phones which may well be technically better with more details and all that balls, but my orthos are just so sweet and musical even a $1400 phone would have trouble toppling them for my prefs.

I hope I get a chance to listen to a set one day. I don't generally like current Senns and I hope this is a big enough departure from the 5/6xx series to be of interest.

I'm honestly betting that the street price (after an initial period of high demand) will probably drop much closer to $1000. But in the beginning, expect to pay pretty close if not MSRP for the privilege of early adoption. I know Headroom has been selling all of their D7000s at near list price because demand is high and they are one of the few with actual headphones to sell.