HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears they are aware of it now.

2009-01-08 1121 PST: Forums down temporarily for maintenance. Moderators and admins, please do not attempt to post, edit, or alter any settings during this period. Thank you for your patience, everyone. Approximate downtime = 5 minutes. You may experience intermittent slowness when the forum comes back up--this may last for 10 to 20 minutes after the forums come back up.

Appears they are aware of it now.

2009-01-08 1121 PST: Forums down temporarily for maintenance. Moderators and admins, please do not attempt to post, edit, or alter any settings during this period. Thank you for your patience, everyone. Approximate downtime = 5 minutes. You may experience intermittent slowness when the forum comes back up--this may last for 10 to 20 minutes after the forums come back up.

Ive been getting these messages on and off since about 11 EST.

I'm honestly betting that the street price (after an initial period of high demand) will probably drop much closer to $1000. But in the beginning, expect to pay pretty close if not MSRP for the privilege of early adoption. I know Headroom has been selling all of their D7000s at near list price because demand is high and they are one of the few with actual headphones to sell.

It depends on whether they release a 680 -or any other number- using the same driver into a more Sennheiser classic frame, selling at about USD600-800, or not.

My take is Sennheiser will try to have a statement product competing with Stax top tier electrostats, GS-1000, and Ultrasone Ed9, then a 2nd tier to fight D7000, DX1000, RS-1, etc which could be a next to release product based on the top of the line technology (like many speaker makers do), and keeping their popular lines, perhaps getting rid of the HD600 or 650 depending on which one is selling worse or generating less profit.

Ive been getting these messages on and off since about 11 EST.

Yeah, I just tried to reply to an ortho thread and suddenly the page flickered and all my typing was gone :palm: DOH!!

I'll wait until things calm down over there before attempting again.

WOOHOO!!! terminate title FTW!

YAY!!

It depends on whether they release a 680 -or any other number- using the same driver into a more Sennheiser classic frame, selling at about USD600-800, or not.

My take is Sennheiser will try to have a statement product competing with Stax top tier electrostats, GS-1000, and Ultrasone Ed9, then a 2nd tier to fight D7000, DX1000, RS-1, etc which could be a next to release product based on the top of the line technology (like many speaker makers do), and keeping their popular lines, perhaps getting rid of the HD600 or 650 depending on which one is selling worse or generating less profit.

If the driver tech is not too expensive I bet they will reuse it in a different frame made at another Sennheiser facility in Ireland perhaps.

If the driver tech is not too expensive I bet they will reuse it in a different frame made at another Sennheiser facility in Ireland perhaps.

If it sounds really good I'm sure they'll do, otherwise all what I guess they spent in R&D, I don't think is profitable enough if just implemented into 1000 euros cans. This kind of product doesn't reach really major sales figures IMO.

if Senn did what they did with the 600 and the 650 and the he60 and the he90 then i have no doubt the hd800 would be worth the $1400! pound for pound its hard to beat the 600 or the 650 for any company and now this being the flagship of Senn it has to be amazingly more then those two. I am buying a set, without a doubt.