HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now there's bravery. I hope they don't suck.

I also placed a pre-order with Headroom. They are far more informative and expect the first shipment mid-Feb with Tyll apparently getting a demo pair at the end of the month.

I figure if they do suck I can still sell them within a month for what I bought them for :) In the end this is still a lot cheaper than my electrostatic experiment.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the initial reviews on Head-Fi will be pretty uniformly positive. ;)

They have to make them sound better than HD650, no? A lot of people love HD650, so I figure, the reviews from Sennheiser fans will be positive. When someone with O2 and BH gives them a listen and really likes when he heard, I will pay attention. :rolleyes:

I also placed a pre-order with Headroom.

free two day fedex when i ordered from ttvj, but since these guys cant move on price they will move on shipping..probably all of them will. either way ttvj/hr/amazon will get them in at the same time as any other product does. i find it funny people think these are going to go down in price already...they were just announced and these people can tell me when price is going down? on a hand made flagship? hahaha

Good job Billy, mine is the first set on Todd's list! :P Everybody should be going to Todd and Tyll to get these cans.

I was wondering who beat me,,,Damn you Voltron!

now it comes down to who is getting theirs first...hahaha

I agree order from ttvj or HR without a doubt!

free two day fedex when i ordered from ttvj, but since these guys cant move on price they will move on shipping..probably all of them will. either way ttvj/hr/amazon will get them in at the same time as any other product does. i find it funny people think these are going to go down in price already...they were just announced and these people can tell me when price is going down? on a hand made flagship? hahaha

I get free 2 day from Amazon and I did not discuss it with HR but I'll probably talk them into the same thing. In the end both HR and Amazon will give whatever price they end up selling for as I have confirmed with HR and Amazon has in their user policy.

I'm excited about these since I've been dying for Qualias and the look like they could be a worth replacement. As long as they didn't do the HD650 sound to them. But to be honest if the THD is as low as they claim then my correction will work so well it will not really matter. I figure then I can get rid of my 650s, D5000s and stockpile another pair maybe though there is no talk of them being limited run. That said the market for high end is not doing well and a lot of statement products are dropping out of production.