Doug puts Amp on Ebay

Auction gets two bids.

Winn4r is edward.wills (294 Feedback)

His bid placed 02-Dec-08 00:03:27 GMT

Auction ended 06-Dec-08 20:15:00 GMT

9th December, Doug asks "When you gonna pay me lol?"

edward.wills replies:

"Hello,

As don't have PayPal and I will never have - all paypal stuff are made by my best friend. I will remember him today to do it asap.

If it's too long for you can sell it to the second bidder. It's really not a problem for me.

Cheers,

edward"

Is there any way in which I can go about kicking this guy in the nuts for being a useless, time wasting, irritating little scab? I'm fairly certain that ebay T&C says that placing a winning bid is a contract and you must have means of fulfilling it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebay is sucks, not for general use when everything goes well, but in such situations is.

Not sure what they can do, but I was checked by Ebay Benelux some time ago. They asked me to confirm my bank details etc, so, having that they may can kick his account for some penalty, but than again, I doubting big time. My advice to you, send Ebay an e-mail a.s.a.p. and wait...

While ago had an dispute about not delivered MP3 player, never got my money back in full, cos the costs were to high, and the seller were never kicked, because she didnt had nuts to be kicked, I guess...;D

Total out of topic...

True, but when I want to have more time to pay my Visa bill, which closes around 8 every month, I ask the seller wait a bit to have some credit. Other than that, always pay directly.

The one and only time I waited the entire allotted period for payment (7 days on ebay US) the guy who bought from me was a total d-bag.

Real winners pay right away.

True, but when I want to have more time to pay my Visa bill, which closes around 8 every month, I ask the seller wait a bit to have some credit. Other than that, always pay directly.

And see I operate from the position that I never buy anything that I can't pay for right then and there.

It is not like I let the seller wait for weeks, just couple of days extra at most. And my way of using CC is maybe differ than yours, cos all my shoppings goes through my bank istead of CC. I do not use Visa on daily base...

And see I operate from the position that I never buy anything that I can't pay for right then and there.

No problem, wait those 7 days, start a dispute, let Ebay do his thing, post awful feedback for him, and re-list the amp. I don't think there's much more you can do about it, unless you're willing to contact the second best bidder just in case he's still interested. Maybe Cash Converters gives you more for the amp. Or perhaps you're more lucky selling it on Agon or any of the German Hifi sites.

Unfortunately, he didn't technically break the rules by saying he wasn't going to pay, he put the ball in your court instead.

I would give him a deadline -- a reminder that (you're right) bidding on eBay is a contract to pay, and that he has 7 days to do so, if he hasn't paid by the end of the seventh day, you will leave non-paying feedback on his ass, and only then offer a second-chance to the other bidder.

If the money is sent to the seller, how is that fraud?

The "friend" who sends the payment can claim it was an unauthorized transaction. He would not be the winner of the eBay auction, and nothing would have been delivered to him. Open and shut case

Or the friend is actually a hacked account / stolen CC, but this is less likely

Unfortunately, he didn't technically break the rules by saying he wasn't going to pay, he put the ball in your court instead.

I would give him a deadline -- a reminder that (you're right) bidding on eBay is a contract to pay, and that he has 7 days to do so, if he hasn't paid by the end of the seventh day, you will leave non-paying feedback on his ass, and only then offer a second-chance to the other bidder.

I have just done so.