CanJam 2009

Asr

look the kid is going to have what 20-30 more birthdays in your lifetime, at least?

Aren't you killing Dinny off rather early? He should have 40 or more birthdays to make it up to his son. What more could a kid want? That's the best birthday present ever!

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the layover works is you are told you'll have 2 hrs in the airport, and then you land 6 minutes before your flight is supposed to take off, and sprint to the next gate, only to have just missed it. Then you wait for the next flight in the airport bar.

The way the layover works is you are told you'll have 2 hrs in the airport, and then you land 6 minutes before your flight is supposed to take off, and sprint to the next gate, only to have just missed it. Then you wait for the next flight in the airport bar.
Or you actually get the 2 hours, which become 4, then 6, you fall asleep and miss your flight for that reason. The rest is the same, though.

sweet.

let me add a fourth thing, i may not be there if i can't figure out how the whole layover thing works, since i haven't been on a plane in a long, long time.

Where's your layover? I've done the Cincy to LA vice versa flight many times.

If I remember correctly the only real problem layover is Dallas Fortworth (DWF?), because if the next flight is too soon, you could miss the next flight since you need to take a monorail to the next area, then run to the terminal.

-Ed

I don't know what time of day you'll be going through charlotte, but there is both a krispy kreme and a biscuitville in the charlotte airport, which can make morning layovers decent :)

The philly airport is a wasteland.

(both of these datapoints may be outdated, as I haven't flown through either in 4 years)

My knowledge of airport food is part of why I no longer travel :) I burned out in a huge way. But I definitely have favorite airports, and used to pick my flights based on which airports I'd have layovers in. The memphis airport is a shithole, but has good BBQ, so I always picked that when I could.

And here I thought "Papasitos" was a George Bush senior joke. :P

The VanJam is in full effect at this point. The crew has grown with some last-minute additions and I have secured our transport. Behold, the glory of the Dodge Sprinter!

sprinter.jpg

SprinterVanPicMedium.jpg

video.jpg

interior.jpg

cargo.jpg

I was already hooked by the headphone racks on the back wall, but the Mobile WiFi for rolling meet impressions really put it over the top! Hope the Hilton has a place of honor reserved for us. ;D

If Dinny sees one of these rolling slowly by he had better run because that cargo hold is Agile_one-approved for kidnapping. :basement:

Edited by Voltron