CanJam 2009

Asr

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more days and then I have a rather long plane ride towards CanJam:D

Almost as far as this man

Is anyone from the UK attending Canjam? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

According to Distance Calculator: How Far Is It? — Infoplease.com

Hastings, United Kingdom (Populated Place, United Kingdom) -> Los Angeles, California (Populated Place) = 5507.5 Miles

Aomori, Japan (Railroad Station, Japan) -> Los Angeles, California (Populated Place) = 5245.3 Miles

I think we have a winner!

So whats with all the "I have a family" or "It's too far" excuses now ;D

Is anyone from the UK attending Canjam? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Hastings, United Kingdom (Populated Place, United Kingdom) -> Los Angeles, California (Populated Place) = 5507.5 Miles

Aomori, Japan (Railroad Station, Japan) -> Los Angeles, California (Populated Place) = 5245.3 Miles

I think you win for the greatest distance traveled for Can Jam goodness.:o

orly_japanese.jpg

Finally slowing down for a day.

Saturday after Spamalot (which was acceptable) I followed JP's advice without even seeing it. Toronado, sausage next door, Magnolia for more sausage, Checked into Alembic but it was full. We moved on to a middle eastern joint with a sign in Arabic. Had to order another $40 in food to get a hookah, but hummus is good with all the alcohol. Hot bellydancing show and then back to the hotel.

Sunday was the touristy one. F Market car to the Wharf, saw the mechanical arcade and toured the submarine. Irish Coffee at Buena Vista, sundae at Ghirardelli, back to hotel. Sunday night walked through Chinatown, got some Italian food in N Beach. La Trappe was closed so settled for the Rogue Bar.

Monday, took off for Monterey. Went over to the shooting range at Laguna Seca. Amazing that the least regulated range I've ever been to was in CA. Shot some restored WWII rifles and a shotgun. Went and looked at the racetrack, which I've probably driven a thousand times in the Forza games so that was cool. Long drive around the mountains and curvy roads which blow this poor floridian's mind.

Might go to Carmel today, might not. Need to see a bit of coastal cliff action since that'll be new to me. And tomorrow it's back to SF for the official pre-jam party, NorCal edition.

To be precise, I'm taking a flight from Aomori down to Haneda, taking a transfer to Narita, then flying out.

So the actual distance traveled in flights alone would be:

Aomori Railroad Station, Japan (Railroad Station, Japan) -> Haneda, Japan (Section Of Populated Place, Tokyo) Distance: 368.3 miles

Narita, Japan (Second-Order Administrative Division, Japan) -> Los Angeles, California (Populated Place) Distance: 5455.6 miles

5823.9 miles :)