CanJam 2009

Asr

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you say Free Coffee do you mean a cup? a gallon? no limit?

Thanks for the warning Grawk, and yes I know it is Billy I am talking to. The offer was made to entice CJ to attend but in the spirit of HeadFi good will............. you are welcome to share his cup of Folgers.

Sounds like a nice little trip, Matt. You're welcome to stay with us in Santa Barbara on your way down from Monterey to LA.

Yeah, one of my possible plans is to rent a car and do the CA 1 trip, however touristy and ill-advised that may be. I'd noticed that Santa Barbara is planted near the end of that trip and figured that you would oblige me for a night, and a ride into LA. Then again the SF crew is talking about a bus of some sort so we'll see how that goes.

A burbling V8 Convertible, the sun in your face, the wind in your hair, a blonde by your side ...

Monterey, Carmel, 17 Mile drive, Pacific Grove, Bixby Bridge, Big Sur, CA-1, Hearst Castle, Thursday Night Farmers Market and Bubblegum Alley in SLO, Clam Chowder at Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach, A Danish in Solvang, Cold Spring tavern and Guzziguy in SB.

All this AND Can Jam 2009 - whats not to like!

My friend just booked a suite at the Marine Memorial Hotel for the 22nd through the 25th, looks like a beautiful place. Advertises, "can host 20 for receptions."

I'm thinking pre-party on Saturday for the SF crew, followed by some live music.

Excellent! I am happy to see they reopened after that CSI issue they had. Nasty thing those ax murders and all. Probably no truth to those rumors either.

• 1 month later...

Flight is booked. Coming into San Francisco on Friday May 22nd at 12:20 PM. The next Thursday I'll make my way to Mayberry for the bus ride down, and then fly out on Monday June 1st (early, 7 AM I believe).

Oh and my friend opted out on the suite. No parties hosted now I guess but we better see some of you around that first weekend.

Yeah, one of my possible plans is to rent a car and do the CA 1 trip, however touristy and ill-advised that may be. I'd noticed that Santa Barbara is planted near the end of that trip and figured that you would oblige me for a night, and a ride into LA. Then again the SF crew is talking about a bus of some sort so we'll see how that goes.

The offer will be open right up to the last minute. Stacy and I will probably leave SB around noon on Friday (5/29). Don't hesitate to drop in if it fits into your plans.

BTW, I booked from Friday (May 29) to Sunday (May 31). I'll ask for a late checkout on Sunday.

The problem comes when you try to book Sunday night. It goes to the Hotel's standard rate for all the nights instead of the $89 Head-fi rate.

The offer will be open right up to the last minute. Stacy and I will probably leave SB around noon on Friday (5/29). Don't hesitate to drop in if it fits into your plans.

Plan now is to take the Mayberry bus down. We'll probably get a ways down CA1 sometime during the week, but not as far as SB.